Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obama supporters can't come to this LGS....LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Conversely, you aren't going to win any converts by walking up and kicking them in the junk, either.
    In my mind, it's more a faceload of cold water reality. Regardless, in this day and age where both sides are screaming "Don't shove your beliefs down my throat!", the DNC's inconsequential (in light of the many other issues before us) promise to stay out of the bedroom has allowed them the potential to dole out even larger quantities of nanny state in every other room in the American house.

They bought cheap.

And that's what Americans apparently want. More Nanny State. More feel good.

Take the high road? Meh. Why bother.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

I know several Democrats that are also avid shooters & hunters. This guy is an idiot, purposefully alienating potential customers for no reason because they didn't vote for the same guy as him. Effective business model!

His business. His perogative.
    US Navy Veteran
    1961-1965

I think he just deployed the oldest trick in the book: 'no press is bad press.' Look at us, we're talking about it and how many of us even live in AZ?
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G60 View Post
    With friends like these, who needs enemies?
    That sums up my feelings quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    Maybe this will get some Leftists to think over their stance.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Would a "No Romney supporters allowed" sign on the local bike shop make you rethink your position on environmental issues, or would you just think they were jerks?
    I'd gladly take my business elsewhere. They're entitled to their opinions and the consequences thereof. It's highly unlikely that my mind would be changed on the subject by their stance one way or another.
    I don't understand how you can contradict yourself so quickly, then move the goal posts even faster:
    In my mind, it's more a faceload of cold water reality.
    Do you really believe that anyone will walk up to the door, see the sign, and think, "Oh dear! I never thought about how my vote would affect gun issues. This has been quite the wake-up call for me." Especially since you just said that given a flipped scenario, you wouldn't be influenced in your thinking at all, and would instead take your business elsewhere?

Take the high road? Meh. Why bother.
    I don't see what the "bother" would be in not taking out a full page advertisement in the local paper, and not putting up a sign. *shrug*
    In this case, taking the low road requires effort and money, while taking the high road simply involves living his life the same way he was living it before.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    I think he just deployed the oldest trick in the book: 'no press is bad press.' Look at us, we're talking about it and how many of us even live in AZ?
    I think the adage will prove true for his business.

Unfortunately, I agree with the other posters who point out that it makes the gun community look like a bunch of mouth-breathing whiners.

"I believe so strongly in the right to bear arms that I refuse to legally sell arms to people who exercised their constitutional right to vote differently than I did! That'll teach them to unconditionally support the right to bear arms!"

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    That sums up my feelings quite well.

I don't understand how you can contradict yourself so quickly, then move the goal posts even faster:

Do you really believe that anyone will walk up to the door, see the sign, and think, "Oh dear! I never thought about how my vote would affect gun issues. This has been quite the wake-up call for me." Especially since you just said that given a flipped scenario, you wouldn't be influenced in your thinking at all, and would instead take your business elsewhere?

I don't see what the "bother" would be in not taking out a full page advertisement in the local paper, and not putting up a sign. *shrug*
    In this case, taking the low road requires effort and money, while taking the high road simply involves living his life the same way he was living it before.

I think the adage will prove true for his business.

Unfortunately, I agree with the other posters who point out that it makes the gun community look like a bunch of mouth-breathing whiners.

"I believe so strongly in the right to bear arms that I refuse to legally sell arms to people who exercised their constitutional right to vote differently than I did! That'll teach them to unconditionally support the right to bear arms!"
    Obviously we'll just have to agree to disagree. I try to avoid stereotyping and wish others would do the same. (I have to admit I've fought a lifelong urge to judge Democrats by Teddie Kennedy and continue to work hard to rid myself of that bias.) I realize that this guy's choices play right into the negative stereotype of gun owners many people sadly harbor. However, if they're that far gone already, I'm not sure that this guy's attitude will have much of an impact on a mind already committed.

His stance may act as a bucket of cold water to some and obviously at the same time, will put others off. The overall effect is a wash IMHO. I don't think he's actually trying to sway anyone in the first place. I think he's just fed up with gun owners who vote for politicians and parties who are historically hostile to gun rights. Must be one of those crazy, darn libertarian types.

He's free to run his shop as he sees fit and I find it refreshing someone is placing principle above profit these days.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Riding bikes isn't a threatened right. I think a better analogy would be "if you voted for Romney, take your business elsewhere!" outside a Planned Parenthood clinic.
    They once called me bkb0000...

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Would a "No Romney supporters allowed" sign on the local bike shop make you rethink your position on environmental issues, or would you just think they were jerks?
    -- What would I be doing in a bike shop? I don't have any DUIs.

The most self-defeating thing the gun rights community can do is to insist that gun rights are a left-right issue.

User Tag List