Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Orenthal James "The Juice" Simpson - Dead at 76

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    George Zimmerman is an excellent example. How many people thought they “knew” he was guilty based on the preliminary news reports? We learned the truth later because he had a good lawyer, who will almost certainly never be paid for more than a small fraction of the time spent on that case.
    I’ve known a few criminal defense attorneys and continue to know them. They did and do the attorneys thing. That’s protect the client to the best of their ability. Everything else is on the process and state or federal depending I am nowhere near an expert on that stuff. But as I heard at a social gathering. The juice is no longer loose. Well. A lot of people opine on shit and have no direct knowledge. Most watched tv trial in how long. Just let it go. The fuck are we reliving the early 90s here.

Site Supporter
    I remember that his attorneys discredited the white lead detective to such extent that the jury nullified by voting not guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    . . . he was 100% guilty . . .
    "Let"s save the State of New York a lot of time and money and move directly to sentencing. What? lsn"t she entitled to a fair trial? Let"s give her one and then convict her."
    Name:  MV5BODQwNGNiYTktZGQ5MS00ZWYyLWE4M2EtNjkxY2UxYjA5NTVmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODc0OTEyNDU@._V1_.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  24.8 KB

The system is set up specially so attitudes like yours don't prevail.

The ability of the government to deprive someone of liberty, and/or property, should be, and is, extremely difficult/limited.

This sometimes results in situations where someone like you, who hasn't seen the evidence/testimony, is angry at a verdict.

Too bad. Get over it.
    Last edited by DMF13; 04-13-2024 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    You didn't have to believe Furhman planted evidence - you just had to believe he might lie about evidence and might have planted it. And therefore you can't trust anything he said. When someone's life hangs in the balance that is your responsibility as a juror - to give the benefit of the doubt to the defendant not the prosecution.
    This is why any information known to the government, that might be used to impeach the credibility of a witness, must be disclosed to the defense.

Giglio v. United States, 405 U.S. 150 (1972)
    https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/405/150/
    Last edited by DMF13; 04-13-2024 at 08:22 PM.

I'm baffled by how emotionally wrapped up in OJs not guilty verdict that some of you are.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

It’s about time OJ dig up dirt on Hillary
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    "Let"s save the State of New York a lot of time and money and move directly to sentencing. What? lsn"t she entitled to a fair trial? Let"s give her one and then convict her."
    Name:  MV5BODQwNGNiYTktZGQ5MS00ZWYyLWE4M2EtNjkxY2UxYjA5NTVmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODc0OTEyNDU@._V1_.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  24.8 KB

The system is set up specially so attitudes like yours don't prevail.

The ability of the government to deprive someone of liberty, and/or property, should be, and is, extremely difficult/limited.

This sometimes results in situations where someone like you, who hasn't seen the evidence/testimony, is angry at a verdict.

Too bad. Get over it.
    All the lawyers and wanna be lawyers are playing the deflection game and law school games with my question, but still have not answered that question.

The question was when you are a lawyer and you know without a doubt your client is guilty of a double homicide(as OJ’s team did)how do you live with yourself when he walks Scott free.

Site Supporter
    All the lawyers and wanna be lawyers are playing the deflection game and law school games with my question, but still have not answered that question.

The question was when you are a lawyer and you know without a doubt your client is guilty of a double homicide(as OJ’s team did)how do you live with yourself when he walks Scott free.
    You internalize it and all of you die of stress induced cancer like your client.

This has been answered, but to reiterate:

Because my role in our system of government supporting and giving effect to rights like presumption of innocence, proof of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, and trial by jury is vastly more important than the question of whether or not one guilty person goes to prison. And moreover, sending my client to prison is the state’s job, not mine. My job is to force them to carry their burden.

And again, WHAT exactly are you saying such an attorney should do instead?

It seems to me that you are concentrating on an individual moral issue that carries a lot of weight to you personally, while many are approaching it from a social ethical issue that may be distasteful, but the logic seems sound. That's why it seems you are taking past each other.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

User Tag List