Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Orenthal James "The Juice" Simpson - Dead at 76

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    Well,... Bye.
    Name:  IMG_0569.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  49.6 KB

I just added this to my meme collection via an FB OJ thread.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

I'm really hoping there is a full autopsy with a check for CTE. Maybe he was a douche from a young age and it was kept hidden by his handlers due to his talent, but OJ in late life seems like a different person than young OJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I was kind of busy, myself. But one of the prosecutors wrote a book and came by my law school to promote it. He got a lot of hostile questions about how he handled the case and it was pretty clear he had no good answers. The prof who taught trial tactics left the room, he had all he could take. Having him try on the gloves was probably the top dumb shit move of the trial.
    What’s funny is my wife showed me a picture of him with the gloves on and they obviously fit. I still don’t understand the reasoning behind it. Something about knowing the answer before you ask a question.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    What’s funny is my wife showed me a picture of him with the gloves on and they obviously fit. I still don’t understand the reasoning behind it. Something about knowing the answer before you ask a question.
    OJ didn’t take his arthritis medication for weeks prior to that block of testimony. Add in the gloves being wet and slightly shrinking after the murder… it is probably the biggest out of context point that the jury focused on.

And then that stupid closing quote… pretty much showed that people with money/power can get off of anything.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    OJ didn’t take his arthritis medication for weeks prior to that block of testimony. Add in the gloves being wet and slightly shrinking after the murder… it is probably the biggest out of context point that the jury focused on.

And then that stupid closing quote… pretty much showed that people with money/power can get off of anything.
    Up to a point, as in Rebecca Grossman’s murder conviction recently.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

He made me some extra cash in 1973... place your bets...

He was a bad ass football player but to kill two humans the way he did is Apex predator territory.

You should train and be ready to face a guy like him in real life... most thought he was a great guy, but he was truly a Monster.
    There are still plenty like him walking around.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I know some pretty good criminal defense attorneys. That's not the hardest thing to deal with. Losing a case where they know the guy was innocent is.
    Big difference between the too, if a innocent man is found guilty there are still avenues to justice appeal system etc.

But when you help a murderer walk free, it’s a done deal. He can’t be tried again. There is noway for the victims and their families to get justice, well there is one way but we are not talking about that.

The look on Kardashains face when the not guilty verdict was read said it all, he was shocked and had a come to Jesus wave of guilt wash over him. He may have been the only defense attorney on that team that actually had a soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Big difference between the too, if a innocent man is found guilty there are still avenues to justice appeal system etc.

But when you help a murderer walk free, it’s a done deal. He can’t be tried again. There is noway for the victims and their families to get justice, well there is one way but we are not talking about that.

The look on Kardashains face when the not guilty verdict was read said it all, he was shocked and had a come to Jesus wave of guilt wash over him. He may have been the only defense attorney on that team that actually had a soul.
    This is basic American civics. Our system is set up so that theoretically it is actually preferred for the guilty to get off over the innocent getting wrongly convicted- that's why things like "Innocent Until Proven Guilty" or "Presumption of Innocence" get said so much. The same legal process and protections that allowed OJ to walk free are the same process available to you if you are indicted for a crime.

People never really think "the stuff I want the government to do to those people I don't like means that they can do it to me too."
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    So do you feel that the state did a poor job in proving their case? A different set of District Attorneys could have knocked that one out of the park?

Versus, do you think that jury just would never convict him because of the whole Fame thing, LA riots thing, etc? And no super district attorney would have made a difference?

I asked because I really never studied the case that much. I was in internship when that was going on and that didn't give me much time for any extracurricular activities at all.
    The skin pigment of the accused versus victims was the major factor. Had the pigment levels matched, the verdict would have been different. Skin pigment analysis was far superior to DNA back then.

https://www.oprah.com/own-oprahshow/...-verdict-video

Notice the subtle differences in tone and hue between those cheering the outcome vs. shocked.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

User Tag List