Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: HK with their backwards bullets...

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    WTH...

Things have changed since I retired from the .mil
    I'm a civie so I don't know shit but allegedly according to the internet that sailor had 45 extra days added before he got shore leave.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrkBlue View Post
    I still wake up occasionally from a nap and am mentally stripping down an M60 machine gun. I haven’t broke down a real M60 in 20 years, but it doesn’t go away.

The stranger thing is I never have dreams about a M4s… Just the M60.
    I’ve woken up in the middle of running a man overboard drill.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I'm a civie so I don't know shit but allegedly according to the internet that sailor had 45 extra days added before he got shore leave.
    45 days restriction to the ship, 45 days extra duty, loss of pay of $200 a month for two months and a bust to the next lower pay grade. That’s a pretty standard hammering at Captain’s Mast.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 04-14-2024 at 08:09 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Holy $hit! That guy wrote “I eat ass” on his gloves and the PAO published it? Sounds like PA needs to be kept on a very short and supervised leash.
    I don't see the, "I". I just see, "E-A-T," and, "A-S-S-<3".
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Absolutely separate weapons. The Marine's weapons are owned by the MC and the ship’s weapons are owned by the Navy. The ship has its own weapons locker where the MAs control them and the Marines bring their own issued weapons on board where they have assigned spaces. As @rbcusmc stated, the spaces can differ depending on the ship type. The larger ships (LHDs, LHAs…) even have dedicated armories for the Marines to keep their weapons. Again, these are USMC weapons brought on board by each individual Marine checked out from the armories on Marine bases. When the Marines debark, they take the weapons with them. Post deployment, one of the first things done is taking the weapons back to the bases armories.
    Name:  IMG_5735.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  49.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Name:  IMG_5735.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  49.3 KB
    When we returned CONUS, after several hiccups regarding travel, the staff basically threw in towel and said “too late, come back to the armory at 0500 for turn-in.” So we had about four hours to try sleep in the “holdover” hootches.

Booze appeared. No one slept.

Legend says that 120+ liquored-up Marines finally broke the souls at the Regiment’s armory and they just took our weapons outright. I don’t remember it so I can’t verify.

To the OP, definitely some inattentive PAO at fault. Although the “I Eat Ass” thing is hilarious.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    I don't see the, "I". I just see, "E-A-T," and, "A-S-S-<3".
    The mark on his right pinky knuckle looked like an “I”.

Moot point. Doesn’t matter. Somebody needs some wall-to-wall counseling either way. In repairs and in PAO.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

The mark on his right pinky knuckle looked like an “I”.

Moot point. Doesn’t matter. Somebody needs some wall-to-wall counseling either way. In repairs and in PAO.
    Go back to your country club, zoomie.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by DrkBlue View Post
    I still wake up occasionally from a nap and am mentally stripping down an M60 machine gun. I haven’t broke down a real M60 in 20 years, but it doesn’t go away.

The stranger thing is I never have dreams about a M4s… Just the M60.
    In my dream, I'm trying to deal with bad guys/monsters, and the M60 starts falling apart. I'm then desperately trying to remember how to put it back together.

We had M60's on our Guard M48A5 tanks....

No doubt that Charlie Oscar is going to be on the receiving end of some of that. And we all know in which direction shit flows in the military.

User Tag List