Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: God! How I love Glock! (Please read from bottom up)

God! How I love Glock! (Please read from bottom up)

Oh. That.

Will you allow another attempt at describing the situation?

I was doing my daily dryfire when I suddenly could no longer rack the slide to prep the trigger for the next dryfire. Some time ago the same symptoms appeared and it was determined (IIRC) that the locking block was the issue. It was resolved by, again IIRC, replacing the frame. The frame now on the gun is G1689 US. You might find it in your records, if you wished to look.

I was on day 2,333, with a sum of 116,500 dryfires when the mishap occurred. I do not remember whether I began the count a “zero” when the original frame was replaced, so this information might not be of service to you.

So. Is there a way I can send the pistol back to the mothership for repairs?

Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2024 4:47 AM
    To: gary_crumrine@charter.net
    Subject: RE: Slide fails to cycle

Good Morning,

When you are dryfring the slides do not cycle like they do when shooting. You have to rack the slide each time.

-Abe

With kind regards,

James Race
    Technical Service Representative

From: gary_crumrine@charter.net <gary_crumrine@charter.net>
    Sent: Tuesday, April 9, 2024 1:03 PM
    To: Technical Service <Technical.Service@glock.us>
    Subject: Slide fails to cycle

Sir,

My G-19’s slide failed to cycle during today’s dry fire session. Is there a way I can send the pistol back to the mothership for repairs?

Cordially,

Gary Crumrine
    Last edited by Duces Tecum; 04-10-2024 at 04:56 PM.
    A peaceful man is capable of great violence, but he keeps it under control. If a man is not capable of violence, he is not peaceful. He is just harmless. (Jordan Peterson)

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    mrine@charter.net"]gary_crumrine@charter.net[/EMAIL]
    Subject: RE: Slide fails to cycle

When you are dryfring the slides do not cycle like they do when shooting. You have to rack the slide each time.
    LOL! To be fair, they probably have to deal with people who don't understand that.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

When I first read it, I thought the same thing as the Glock representative From the way it was written.

Glock is likely the most owned gun in the United States therefore it has the most idiots who own them. Representative is likely going through his three or 400th email of the morning when he replied.

I dropped a G34 slide on concrete and bent the rear rail. When I called Glock, I said I hoped I wasn't the only dumbass to have done that. The Glock CS rep said, "Sir. I did not call you a dumbass."
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

PERSEC bro...

But that is pretty funny.

Are you sure those numbers reference days and dryfires are correct?

If so I admire you.

Can't tell you how many times I've placed notebooks in my range bag to track rounds fired and malfunctions - turns out I'm not wound that way.

Hope they get you fixed up.

ETA: that first Glock reply was priceless and the 'oh. that.' you responded with was priceless.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    When I first read it, I thought the same thing as the Glock representative From the way it was written.
    Ditto.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

"Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Yea I dont know man, the way the email was written is not really clear or gave any necessary info. I would not fault anyone to overlook that email.

When I have a issue with something and I am emailing, I try to give more then enough data and description so the other party has a clear idea of what’s going on and can make the decision right there, I don’t like the back and forth, nobody got time for that BS.
    Last edited by EVP; 04-11-2024 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Spelling

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I would be bad at customer service.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List