Thread: Hole spacing of Aridus Remington CROM

Hole spacing of Aridus Remington CROM

Howdy, folks. I would appreciate it if someone who owns one of these mounts would measure and let me know the hole spacing.

I need to put an optic on my VCS 870 that I bought from Hans back in '97. The ghost ring was great back then, but not so much for my eyes now. Even so, I like the Aridus just to have the GR as backup.

The hole spacing on the current MMC rear sight base is about 1 13/16 (1.812). I am hoping that the Aridus holes either side of the GR match this, so that I need only one new hole to be drilled and tapped. I'd rather not buy the mount and then find out the holes do not match.

I did search the forum and the Web for the spacing, without success. Aridus has no specs that I could find on their site. My searching might be weak; I also could not find the Remington OEM spacing, which surely must be somewhere online.

thanks, bws

Paging @SpyderMan2k4 to the white courtesy phone please.

If he doesn’t answer, I’ll try to remember to get mine and measure the spacing. IIRC though the spacing is based off the “new Remington” receivers which is different from the original Remington receivers. I don’t believe the spacing matches my early-00s 870 but I’m not 100 percent sure right now.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List