Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1301 only holds 6 in tube

1301 only holds 6 in tube

1301 tactical, marked LE only. Advertised as holding 7 rounds in tube, but only holds 6. IMO that's sufficient, but a little disappointed it doesn't hold 7. Any ideas what's up? Is this common?

The easiest possible answer I can think of is not all 2 & 3/4" shelss are made equal. What brand of ammo are you using or have you tried so far?

Once I had a similar thing with a Nordic tube and had to change the follower.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

You can remove the retaining cap from the mag tube and you should be able to get the last shell in.

It will work fine without it, but you'll have to be more careful when you disassemble since the spring won't be captured anymore.

My 1301 is the same way. I can fit 6 Federal flight control in it. It fits 7 rods from various other manufacturers. The length of the rounds sure enough vary. I have yet to remove the spring retainer.

Take spring retainer out or try a different 2.75 shell as they are not all created equal

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    You can remove the retaining cap from the mag tube and you should be able to get the last shell in.

It will work fine without it, but you'll have to be more careful when you disassemble since the spring won't be captured anymore.
    ^^^this. I took the retaining cap out a few weeks ago and now get the full 7. Totally unnecessary to have it in.

The tolerances for 2 3/4 " shells is on the looser side, and that stacks up when its x6 or x7. Federal Flite should be a 7 loading no problem. On the other ones, yes removing that retention cap might get you an extra 1/4" and help, but then you really need to keep an eye on the mag tube cover if your don't run a clamp.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post
    The tolerances for 2 3/4 " shells is on the looser side, and that stacks up when its x6 or x7. Federal Flite should be a 7 loading no problem. On the other ones, yes removing that retention cap might get you an extra 1/4" and help, but then you really need to keep an eye on the mag tube cover if your don't run a clamp.
    I haven't been able to get 7 Federal Flite Control rounds in any of the 1301s that I've handled (3 or 4) without removing the retention cap.

Thanks for the help. Indeed, and surprisingly Fed flight control 8 pellet would NOT fit 7, nor would low recoil 8 pellet Remington. Federal slug, Winchester 9 pellet 00, and Hornady 8 pellet would allow 7 rounds in the tube.

User Tag List