Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Different Sizes of MRDS Windows

You won’t notice window size making a difference if you’re just doing standing two handed shooting a static target directly in front of you. The moment any movement, transitions, lighting, or varied shooting positions come into play, window size absolutely matters.

Tall or wide is mostly a theoretical discussion, since as a practical matter, the tall ones are also pretty wide and vice versa.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I also have a preference for a circular display window like the SRO or Romeo three max. While it isn't appropriate for EDC use, the Sig Romeo 3 Max is my absolute favorite competition optic.
    I thought I preferred round but then I started using a 507Comp and I think I prefer it with the 8 MOA horseshoe over my SRO's. Bonus is that it seems to ghost less than the SRO. My buddy at work that I shoot with prefers round. Even on the ACE VR game he went back to the SRO after trying the 507Comp. I stayed with the Comp.

A day or so before I posted this, I had asked Sig C/S what the optic window size(s) of the Romeo X Pro and Compact were; today they came back and confirmed they were the same.

Name:  Screenshot from 2024-04-10 17-17-45.png
Views: 154
Size:  19.8 KB

Thing is though, they indicated "24 mm", which is weird because this is almost an inch by an inch (1" = 25.4 mm). I put a 24 mm x 24 mm box at the bottom of my chart, thusly:

Name:  Screenshot from 2024-04-10 17-25-31.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  10.9 KB

Does anyone actually have a Romeo X, and if so, can you see where a 24 mm opening would fit into the optic? I think there's something I don't understand about Sig's answer here...thanks!
    Last edited by RJ; 04-10-2024 at 04:44 PM.

@rj, want to add: Acro Window Size: 0.6H x0.6W" ?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @rj, want to add: Acro Window Size: 0.6H x0.6W" ?
    Sure, give me a second...

ok:

Name:  Screenshot from 2024-04-10 17-49-33.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  10.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    A day or so before I posted this, I had asked Sig C/S what the optic window size(s) of the Romeo X Pro and Compact were; today they came back and confirmed they were the same.

Name:  Screenshot from 2024-04-10 17-17-45.png
Views: 154
Size:  19.8 KB

Thing is though, they indicated "24 mm", which is weird because this is almost an inch by an inch (1" = 25.4 mm). I put a 24 mm x 24 mm box at the bottom of my chart, thusly:

Name:  Screenshot from 2024-04-10 17-25-31.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  10.9 KB

Does anyone actually have a Romeo X, and if so, can you see where a 24 mm opening would fit into the optic? I think there's something I don't understand about Sig's answer here...thanks!
    I’ll check when I get home.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Romeo-X Compact: Front window 20.64mm wide x 15.64mm tall at the highest point. So, 0.81”w x 0.62”t.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Romeo-X Compact: Front window 20.64mm wide x 15.64mm tall at the highest point. So, 0.81”w x 0.62”t.
    Thanks Ken.

Seems odd that Sig indicates the window size is 24 mm...maybe they applied some marketing windage to the actual glass size. Thanks for the numbers though, it helps.

Could that be the size of the housing surrounding the glass? If so, that’s an incredibly misleading way to sell an optic.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List