Thread: Vista Kinetic Group up for sale

Vista Kinetic Group up for sale

Anyone here aware of this? Any reason for concern, since it’d be foreign owned?

https://news.vistaoutdoor.com/newsro...G/default.aspx

Sure there is a reason for concern.

Several years ago, when Vista was selling ammo at prices like ice during a hurricane, I said shooters would benefit from more competition. A number of other people said that was wrong, and Vista would take care of us. Of course, Vista being a public company, thire first obligation is to their shareholders, and they decided to sell while the going was good.

As to what a foreign owner will do with quality, product development and pricing, no-one knows.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

There are so many companies manufacturing ammo and powder it's hard to keep up with who owns what. It looks like Vista (Alliant) is just a distributor of powder and doesn't actually produce it. My understanding is they formulate their powder and buy it here and in other countries. Vista (Federal) actually makes ammo in MN. They also own Remington and Estate cartridge. Not sure where that ammo is made. Some other companies like Speer and CCI fall in the Vista group, which makes sense because they make ammo.

Here is a list of powder manufactures and what they make. Also a list of distributors.

https://www.theballisticassistant.co...owder-catalog/

My feeling is just because Vista might be owned by a non US company the facilities are still here in the US. Also the market for civilian ammo and powder. Of course they might screw us with higher prices and availability.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

More reason to simply buy from Hornady... more expensive in the short term though. You're going to see a lot of this in our lifetimes, I call it Amazon syndrome. Everybody loves them for the cheapest prices/quality ratio but the reality is once a true monopoly is formed those days will be long gone.

An email with a message and video from the Federal CEO arrived this morning. Usually he does these when they are doing damage control.

Snippet:

American Strong. A message from President and CEO Jason Vanderbrink.

Our CEO shares some facts about CCI, Federal, Hevi-Shot, Remington and Speer Ammunition and the 4,000 team members who make freedom, one round at a time.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    An email with a message and video from the Federal CEO arrived this morning. Usually he does these when they are doing damage control.

Snippet:

American Strong. A message from President and CEO Jason Vanderbrink.

Our CEO shares some facts about CCI, Federal, Hevi-Shot, Remington and Speer Ammunition and the 4,000 team members who make freedom, one round at a time.
    Yet, he never even hinted at the issue of a sale. I saw the video, but it was nothing of any value to anyone, and he avoided the elephant in the room.

User Tag List