Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Help me spend money, lighter CCW

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    I own the LCP Custom and the max (10+1 and 12+1). Neither are for anything more than run out to the store real quick. The Custom doesnt feel bad to shoot but the Max has incredibly bad trigger slap. Extremely sharp and painful. To the point where I cant get through half a box of ammo and will only shoot it after shooting everything else cause, if shot first, itll ruin the rest of your range trip. That one is going to be leaving soon. I wanted to like it....i like the concept, compact, light weight 380 with 10+1 or 12+1 but this trigger slap is just awful. Maybe there's something wrong with mine.....

I never cared for the G42 due to the grip size but reading this I may go rent one to at least give it a try
    Literally wearing my G42 right now. It’s a super easy shooter that is also very accurate. Just wish it held a few more.

Have both the LCP Custom & Max. Those benefit from +2lb recoil springs in the comfort/reliability category.
    Custom is a good shooter with the addition on the Hogue grip. Max is a discreet little gun that I’m still trying to actually find its niche.

@SouthNarc presently has my Custom to try out in the PCP role.

But because we enable here… I also bought P32 to do my own experiments with… and I blame Craig for that.
    Last edited by jandbj; 04-11-2024 at 12:19 PM.

Site Supporter

Free Recoil Energy

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    *slaps forehead*

"Conservation of momentum". Of course. Makes sense, and I appreciate the info. I'll definitely take a look at the numbers in respect to my subjective perspective of recoil. Thanks!
    When I went down this rabbit hole, I used Free Recoil Energy, formula documented by SAAMI, which takes into account powder/gas weight.

Gun-Recoil-Formulae

Quote Originally Posted by rawkguitarist View Post
    I can't compare to a ton of guns... But singing the same tune as many, the Glock 42 is REALLY comfortable to shoot. I dare to say it feels/shoots like a larger gun. NOW, the tungsten guid rod assembly from Glockstore with a lighter spring is a must IMO. When I had my 507k installed, I got one to help with reliability. This pistol cycles better than my Glock 19's. I put it through a battery of TERRIBLE grips, including barely gripping at all with my arm bent 90 degrees at the elbow. Target ammo and my carry loads - didn't choke a single time.

Glock did engineering a smaller pistol in a real sweet spot for shootability and concealability. And there are a handful of loads, including ones using the Hornady 90g XTP bullet, that perform way better than many expect .380 to perform.

For those scratching their heads about a dot on a 42, after cataracts I have synthetic lenses.... I can only see irons in sunlight.

Attachment 117205
    I bet that thing is a freaking laser now.
    What is your stendo and its capacity?

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    I bet that thing is a freaking laser now.
    What is your stendo and its capacity?
    It's a Strike Industries +2. Feels real nice. I carry a stock glock 6 rounder as my backup. If I feel like I want to conceal a tiny bit better I'll swap them. But for my normal daily (even my 9-5) looser fitting hiking clothes, this pistol with the extension in a JM AIWB and a Zero Belt fit conceals extremely well.

https://themagshack.com/shop/magazin...s-2-extension/
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec
    Evolution Security Podcast

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkguitarist View Post
    It's a Strike Industries +2. Feels real nice. I carry a stock glock 6 rounder as my backup. If I feel like I want to conceal a tiny bit better I'll swap them. But for my normal daily (even my 9-5) looser fitting hiking clothes, this pistol with the extension in a JM AIWB and a Zero Belt fit conceals extremely well.

https://themagshack.com/shop/magazin...s-2-extension/
    Does the Strike come with a new spring? That’s why I went Vickers/ Tango Down

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Does the Strike come with a new spring? That’s why I went Vickers/ Tango Down
    It’s been so long… but I do believe it did. 90% sure.
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec
    Evolution Security Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Could you elaborate a bit on the above...I'm definitely a numbers guy, but I don't understand what units of measurement you are using here? Not a problem or issue, just trying to understand how you are applying this data...

It looks like you are quantifying recoil, and I've never seen anyone do that...and would like to know more.

Thanks!
    I used to do it all the time when I was spread-sheeting possible pistols for carry. The site I used to use is no longer in existence (hey, I was state of the art back before electricity!), but this site provides similar info: https://shooterscalculator.com/recoil-calculator.php

As I stated above, though, what I found was those numbers are only valid to a point. There are a bunch of other factors that play into this FOR ME, such as grip angle, grip material, recoil spring weight, etc. So, you can have two pistols that give precisely the same "numbers" on the calculator, but one is definitely "snappier" or "flippier" than another.

Nothing beats making the banging noise to really learn how given pistols "feel" in recoil.
    Last edited by psalms144.1; 04-13-2024 at 10:00 AM.

User Tag List