Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Help me spend money, lighter CCW

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    You people are horrible. Now I need to go look at having the ".380 experience" after I get done with my .22. Geez and I thought I was finished with Glocks.
    OR, you can be our test monkey for a heavy wring out of the P365-380...

Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    OR, you can be our test monkey for a heavy wring out of the P365-380...

Just sayin'
    Oh yeah forgot about that option…

Name:  IMG_4049.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  50.7 KB

I don't analyze as much as others. When in the mood for a new/different handgun, I typically just sleep on it for a few days and buy it.
    I already had several handguns, including a Glock 43 (G43), but again got in the mood for something else.

My most recent gun is a Ruger LCRX .327. Sometimes, I just get into a revolver-mood. Supposedly, I'm on a waiting list with an FFL for the new Lipsey's 432UC, if it ever come in, but I don't care to wait too long and immediately ordered & received the LCRX.

While I didn't want to get into another caliber and an expensive caliber to buy, I bought it anyway. I now have, again among several other handguns, a Glock G43 and a Ruger LCRX. Now the biggest decision each day is which one to carry out the door. If I really can't decide, they're small and light enough to carry both

For the OP, make a decision or buy both. The money isn't the biggest thing in the decision, but do plan on a $1000 or $2000 for the: gun, holster(s), ammo, practice, and any other small mods/changes for personal preference.

G42. This was never included for me as what-to-do. I just never had an interest in getting one.

My G42 weighs 16 ounces with 7 rounds

My 340 weighs 11.4 ounces empty 14 ounces loaded with 148’s

A 642 Would be about 17 ounces loaded. An UC version Would be 18 oz.

A Kimber K6xs is about 18 oz. With 6 38’s

A LCR aluminum frame would be about 16 ounces loaded

A LCR steel frame would be about 20 ounces loaded

A G42 is much easier to shoot has a much easier to use trigger, could be shot all day but they’re fussy.

A revolver draws MUCH better from pocket. The G 42 is only a pocket gun with some pockets.

A 365X is 24 oz. loaded (12 rounds) and it’s a real gun. It can be carried IWB in sweats with the draw string tied (wearing shorts underneath helps stabilize and hold it up).

Oh yeah, a 10 shot J-frame weighs 30 or less oz.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    I wish HK would hurry up and release their sub single stack. I owned a PPS a long time ago and really liked it. I remember the magazines having alligator teeth when trying to reload the pistol quickly. Other than that, I don’t remember having any complaints with it. I don’t like the rounded grip and button release at all compared to the original.
    Yeah, I'm curious to see what HK ends up giving us with their micro 9. If it has the VP9 trigger (which I'm 99% sure it will) it's probably a no-go for me. Unless they offer a safety.

The PPS trigger offers a bit more weight/squish--which I like in a carry gun, without a safety. And I can see how the mags would give you a pinch if your were reloading fast. Especially the 6-rounders.

Also...

Guns.com is giving these freaking things away:

https://www.guns.com/firearms/handgu...used?p=1229956

I found one of mine for $225 + shipping.
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

For the guns mentioned, the 43 sounds like what you want. Super lightweight and very easy to shoot.
    **OK**

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    An honest question for those who have G42s that run - is it THAT much more shootable over, say, an LCP? I'm looking for an uber concealable pocket rocket for multiple weddings in NPEs this summer/fall, and I'm worried that the G42 will be "bigger" enough in the pocket that it will be more noticeable. I'm thinking of something for Craig's "PCP" application, and would just get a P32, but I'm f'ing cheap and hate buying expensive, hard to find ammo...
    I agree with this...but don't see it mentioned often when choosing a handgun.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    I agree with this...but don't see it mentioned often when choosing a handgun.
    That’s because the huge majority of handguns sold are 9mm!

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    That’s because the huge majority of handguns sold are 9mm!
    Well...yeah. But there are plenty of other calibers discussed on this forum...this thread is a good example.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post
    I made a big excel file with unloaded weights and recoil velocities based on a practice and defensive round choices and highlighted them based on 13<14<15 fps . I read somewhere that anything over 15 was uncomfortable for most people.
    Could you elaborate a bit on the above...I'm definitely a numbers guy, but I don't understand what units of measurement you are using here? Not a problem or issue, just trying to understand how you are applying this data...

It looks like you are quantifying recoil, and I've never seen anyone do that...and would like to know more.

Thanks!

User Tag List