Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting in Archery

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I did sorta figure that out while I was typing... Haha

Also, you might know this, but the archery section alone at Ben Avery is probably bigger than most domestic gun clubs, I was amazed.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Ben Avery is a national treasure. I just got back from the Arizona Cup there- a competition that once would bring in 20 countries. Still has a very large turnout.

Also got to shoot a hit factor match with the Cactus League guys on Thursday night.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I did sorta figure that out while I was typing... Haha

Also, you might know this, but the archery section alone at Ben Avery is probably bigger than most domestic gun clubs, I was amazed.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Ben Avery is kinda far from where I live. I’ve only been there for a class once, and didn’t see the archery range.

A bunch of us from a Gym I use to train at years ago got into ARCHERY.
    We already had more than enough strength.

https://www.morrelltargets.com/blogs...es-for-archery

I do have a basement but I am restricted to dryfiring and laser bore sighting my guns. Anyother activity, and I will be buried in crawl space my wife dug below the basement!

The backyard is out. Luckily I am 30 minutes from Ben Avery which has a fantastic archery range.

@Robert Mitchum: Thanks for those exercise instructions. It is very similar to the strength training she does for swimming (a lot of back, arms and core).

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    I do have a basement but I am restricted to dryfiring and laser bore sighting my guns. Anyother activity, and I will be buried in crawl space my wife dug below the basement!

The backyard is out. Luckily I am 30 minutes from Ben Avery which has a fantastic archery range.

@Robert Mitchum: Thanks for those exercise instructions. It is very similar to the strength training she does for swimming (a lot of back, arms and core).

Swimming when your younger is a fantastic way for foundational strength for your adult years.
    She sounds like a great kid!

It’s very easy to set up a safe archery range in your backyard, basement or in the hallway. Archery teaches good discipline and focus. Best advice I can give is twofold-
    1) Always have fun, no matter how serious you get
    2) Never ever let anyone talk you into shooting an apple off someone’s head. Or a Lifesaver
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

User Tag List