Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP PLEASE --one 9mm pistol for carry, range, and HD!

Glock 48 with Shield mags.
    #RESIST

For anyone following along that didn't understand the p365 models, this helped me figure it out

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    One should have three of their carry gun
    Three? I thought I needed two; time to sell some stuff.
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Three? I thought I needed two; time to sell some stuff.
    Two is workable but three is preferable.

1) Vetted carry gun.
    2) high mileage training gun.
    3) Spare and /or dry fire gun.

Guns can break, get stolen, taken as evidence etc

Obviously having three identical Glocks is easier than three identical Stacattos…

I have three each of the M&P9 2.0 Compacts and the Shield Plus, and two 642s. One each of the 9mms is carried regularly, the second of each set is kept unloaded in the safe and used for dry practice, and the third is a spare.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Good leather (or kydex) is what makes the difference.

I have been carrying a G21 lately in a Summer Special with zero issues. As summer and hot weather approaches I will likely go to something smaller for day to day concealed carry, but it really is a matter of having good carry equipment.

In fact I have an IWB holster for a 4" N Frame, and find it to be a solid choice as the belt holding the gun/holster tighter against my body tends to distribute the weight better and conceals it quite nicely.

So when somebody tells me that they can't conceal a Glock 19..

Amen. I had wanted to tell the OP that I had carried an N-Frame (S&W Model 58) IWB, in the Eighties, when I was about as slim than he is, but, I thought that it would go over about as well as saying that I walked to school in deep snow, uphill, in both directions. Thanks for posting visual proof that this can be done.

By the way, I packed that Model 58 without benefit of a good kydex or leather IWB holster. It was a decent-quality nylon fabric IWB holster, made by Eagle Industries. I did use an excellent G. Wm. Davis 1-3/4” belt. As I understood it, at the time, Milt Sparks would not make an IWB holster for an N-Frame. (That eventually changed.) Anyway, I finally admitted to myself that I do not have N-Frame-sized hands, or at least not N-Frame-length fingers, for DA shooting, and my aging Model 58 started getting a bit loose, so it is honorably retired. I do have a Sparks Summer Special II for a 5.5” SAA, and a VM II for a 4” GP100, though drawing either from that high, behind the right hip, lately, is not something that happens as quickly as I would want, anymore.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Weapon magazine capacity is low on my critical criteria list-much more important is ergonomics, reliability, durability, accuracy and ease of maintenance. Personally, I'm far happier with my vetted Gen 3 G19 with 10 round magazines (critical caveat RE Glock 10 round magazines: must be orange-followered Gen5 10 round magazines) than I would be with a 10 round Gen5 G48.

To me, the G48 feels unduly slab-sided, and I prefer the ergos of the G19-along with its exceptional reliability and established durability.

When Washington became a 10 round magazine capacity state in 2022, I simply started using reliable 10 round magazines in intrinsically higher capacity capable platforms rather than divesting myself of them, keeping my grandfathered higher capacity magazines for serious use, using the 10 rounders for competition.

The only pistol I've acquired since the Washington magazine limitation law has been a Glock Gen5 G23; I only have the Gen5 10 round magazines for it and am comfortable with it. If I decided to get a Gen5 G22 with 10 round magazines, I'd be fine with it.

While the Glock subcompact G26 and G27 platforms are excellent with their intrinsic 10 round capacity, I personally much prefer the larger G17/G19/G22/G23 models.

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by HammerStriker View Post
    3. Glock 19 Gen 5 with Holosun EPS. Soft shooting, and with the red dot it feels like cheating. BUT it is too bulky for me carry to carry daily. I live in a warm state and ofter wear fitted/light clothing.
    I am a little taller than you but similar dimensions. I have a G48 that carries surprisingly better (given the actual measured width difference) for me than a 19. Admittedly the 19 is a bit better shooting wise for me, but only in small increments in drills requiring more than 3 rounds. A 48/19 (since you already have the 19, otherwise maybe a 17) combo seems like a good answer to me.

As for the 'fitted' clothes, not much will stay hidden under that regardless of size or holster.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

My opinion is a little different and is not reducing down to one pistol.

I subscribe to the 2 or 3 of the same guns for the purposes that you have titled your thread.
    Personally for me I rather shoot and carry a g19 but I can and I also am not in a ban state.

If the 365 works for you better then a g19 then keep the one you have and focus on carrying/training with it.

I think having a vetted Glock(your gen 5 g19) in your safe is a wise choice even if you are not currently carrying it.

A 9mm is an excellent choice for range and HD....you would use different ammunition for each one, cheaper for range and practice..

User Tag List