Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Eclipse 2024

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyv View Post
    I don't understand the high interest. The propaganda machine media is absolutely fawning all over this "once-in-a-lifetime" natural event. False flag?
    I'm a space dork, so I think it's cool as heck.

But not enough to fight hours of traffic. My house is in 99.8% totality. Close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Apparently, there are you-tubers and podcasters proclaiming apocalypses and civil wars, which folks are buying-into, even where we are, in the partial-eclipse zone. Yep, war in Gaza and Ukraine, wildfires in the Panhandle, earthquake in NJ/NY, and now the EEE-clipse, so,The Rapture and/or Great Tribulation MUST be upon us!
    A talking head scientist on FOX News this morning mentioned that someplace on Earth sees an eclipse about every 18 months. We making it all about Us only indicates how self centered we are.

Site Supporter
    Hilarious. Apologies for the political angle but it's on topic here....

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldT...33444096118416
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Is this when I get to use my Jewish space laser?
    Member of the Goyim Squad reporting for duty…

Name:  IMG_2233.jpeg
Views: 133
Size:  41.9 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quick reminder for all viewing the eclipse -- turn your EDC red dot down one or two clicks.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    A talking head scientist on FOX News this morning mentioned that someplace on Earth sees an eclipse about every 18 months. We making it all about Us only indicates how self centered we are.
    There is a BIG difference between a partial and total eclipse.

Solar eclipses, even total ones, are not rare if you consider the entire earth surface...

Now, unless you can travel a lot whenever you want the entire world doesn't mean much and getting a total solar eclipse crossing your country relatively close to where you live is indeed a rare occurrence.

https://www.space.com/25644-total-so...explained.html

I live in Asunción, Paraguay, and the last total solar eclipse was almost 30 years ago. In fact I had to travel almost 100 km to get into the total darkness path. I HIGHLY recommend this experience, specially out of an urban area, it is a thing you'll remember.

Next one crossing my country is going to be in 2075, so in this case it is indeed a once in a lifetime event.

Just started here several minutes ago, had to walk around the back side of the house to get a good view. So much traveling.
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    That was very cool... about 4 minutes of total here...
    Got lucky with clear sky the entire 4 minutes.

Our local owls starting hooting about half way through... added to the Stephen King ambiance.

Wife got some good photos... will post later..
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    There is a BIG difference between a partial and total eclipse.

I HIGHLY recommend this experience, specially out of an urban area, it is a thing you'll remember.
    Having just watched it , I fully agree. I likely wouldn’t have travelled to see it, and wasn’t really that interested, but since I was in Dallas for TacCon anyway, I decided to stick around for a few extra hours.

The experience was much more interesting than I expected. Eating Texas BBQ while watching it get dark was just bonus.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    It was so overcast here I couldn't even tell where the sun was. Neat, but with the cloud cover, it was more creepy than anything.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List