Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Eclipse 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I just went on ADS-B Exchange and noticed quite a few small airplanes heading toward the Burlington, Vt area.
    So Canada is using the cover of darkness to attack?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

MTG & AOC should do their nation a favor by quitting Congress & starting an Only Fans together.

Greene defends claim that eclipse, earthquake signs to repent

Maggie... repentance begins with oneself. Spreading lies, supporting tyrants, and being a genial twit isn't exactly being a Good Christian. You're making the rest of us look bad.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

My cardboard box with a thin surface and 1/8" leather punch pinhole was a flop, I needed a smaller aperture to get it to focus correctly. I guess I'll try some aluminum foil and a real pin hole next time.

The neighbor had a spare set of eclipse glasses and let me use them. The cloud cover was pretty much acting as a good filter as it waxed and waned. The darkness was the best part, lighting bugs started flashing and my drive-way flood light came on.

I tried to get my neighbors to believe that I was an angry god and would not bring the sun back until they gave me beer but they didn't go for it.

I know Twain used that in Connecticut Yankee but I could not remember if Kipling used it in something, Man Who Would Be King, maybe. And of course a zillion B movies involving superstitious natives.

Gringop (Bow down before me and bring me beer)
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    MTG & AOC should do their nation a favor by quitting Congress & starting an Only Fans together.

Greene defends claim that eclipse, earthquake signs to repent

Maggie... repentance begins with oneself. Spreading lies, supporting tyrants, and being a genial twit isn't exactly being a Good Christian. You're making the rest of us look bad.

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1777354241595601396
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Site Supporter
    It is sunny here now. Bah, I suppose we should have sacrificed more goats.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    It is sunny here now. Bah, I suppose we should have sacrificed more goats.
    Yummy, yummy goat…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Yummy, yummy goat…
    Don't forget the ceremonial curry!
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Don't forget the ceremonial curry!
    Do you have a recipe. Cause I love curry with goat.

Deleted...
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by camel View Post
    Do you have a recipe. Cause I love curry with goat.
    I just hit the nearby Asian grocery, and grab a jar of massaman or rendang paste, plus a can of Admiral brand coconut cream (not milk). Heat a bit of oil in a saucepan or wok, throw in some bay & basil leaves for a touch, then brown the goat (or beef/pork/chicken). Add the paste & fry for a bit, then add any chopped veg you want (carrots, potatoes, eggplant). Stir fry together for a bit, then add the coconut cream- add a bit of water if needed. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat. Cover and let cook for a bit until the meat is nice and tender.

Serve with rice, naan, or whatever your starch of choice is- spaghetti works surprisingly well with curries.

User Tag List