Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Eclipse 2024

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    The last “Eclipse Across America” was less than seven years ago. Which doen’t stop the TV idiots from proclaiming this “a once in a generation event.”
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    The last “Eclipse Across America” was less than seven years ago. Which doen’t stop the TV idiots from proclaiming this “a once in a generation event.”
    While not exactly common, they're not that rare around the world either. Sadly, in our post-Truth society, all too many people glom onto any and every available bit of superstitious nonsense out there. And all too sadly, they never seem to remember they were wrong during the previous panics.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

In CT we are in the 90% zone. I really don't care about it at all. Too many Kooks. I had a guy in the park today tell me the recent earthquake was 4.8 and the eclipse is on 4/8. He appeared genuinely concerned.

It gets dark here every night. If it happens for a brief period during the day tomorrow because of an astronomical alignment I just don't see the big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    We are in the path of totality. I just got back from shopping at H-E-B, and there was a depressing lack of Armageddon vibe.
    Same here, in the 'north of North Austin' area. 100% business as usual, maybe a bit more traffic than usual, but difficult to say.

We're in the 96% area. Nothing much going on except gas is up the last few days.

We still have a stash of 22 LR and some cash left over from Y2K. 22 is worth more and the cash is worth less now. Invest in lead, not cash.

Solar eclipse: Experts debunk outlandish claims from conspiracy theorists

Right-wing commentator Alex Jones recently held an X Spaces event to discuss "what the globalists have planned for the imminent total solar eclipse".

His guest Andrew Meyer told viewers the eclipse falls on a date in the Hebrew calendar where new energy can be pushed into the coming year. Mr Jones described Mr Meyer as "a expert on this".

"The globalists, obviously, they want to make a big push for evil, negative energy," Mr Meyer said.

"They want to inject the seed of every new year with negative energy because that's what they harvest."

A guest host of Alex Jones' Infowars also discussed the idea that scientists studying the eclipse are using it for their "nefarious plans".
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

We won't see it because of clouds. Not that I want to see it anyway, If I did see it I would have to sacrifice one my neighbors chickens.

https://www.king5.com/article/weathe...c-6ba20164391a
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Is this when I get to use my Jewish space laser?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

End of days. I'll go with that.
    Last edited by Borderland; 04-07-2024 at 09:30 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    The next one in the lower 48 will be Aug. 23, 2044 in Montana & the Dakotas followed by one almost a year later on Aug. 12, 2045 passing through CA, NV, UT, CO, KS, OK, AR, MS, AL & FL. If you didn't want to wait that long and don't mind freezing temperatures, you can also see one in Nome, AK on Mar. 30, 2033.

2017's eclipse had the moon much farther from the earth for a smaller path of totality
    Name:  Screenshot 2024-04-07 20.55.53.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  77.7 KB
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 04-07-2024 at 11:19 PM.

User Tag List