Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Eclipse 2024

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I just hit the nearby Asian grocery, and grab a jar of massaman or rendang paste, plus a can of Admiral brand coconut cream (not milk). Heat a bit of oil in a saucepan or wok, throw in some bay & basil leaves for a touch, then brown the goat (or beef/pork/chicken). Add the paste & fry for a bit, then add any chopped veg you want (carrots, potatoes, eggplant). Stir fry together for a bit, then add the coconut cream- add a bit of water if needed. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat. Cover and let cook for a bit until the meat is nice and tender.

Serve with rice, naan, or whatever your starch of choice is- spaghetti works surprisingly well with curries.
    I nominate this as the best post in this thread.

Site Supporter
    I just hit the nearby Asian grocery, and grab a jar of massaman or rendang paste, plus a can of Admiral brand coconut cream (not milk). Heat a bit of oil in a saucepan or wok, throw in some bay & basil leaves for a touch, then brown the goat (or beef/pork/chicken). Add the paste & fry for a bit, then add any chopped veg you want (carrots, potatoes, eggplant). Stir fry together for a bit, then add the coconut cream- add a bit of water if needed. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat. Cover and let cook for a bit until the meat is nice and tender.

Serve with rice, naan, or whatever your starch of choice is- spaghetti works surprisingly well with curries.
    This is good except for one fatal flaw (I hate that term…)

You actually know how many calories are in that darn delicious thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    I nominate this as the best post in this thread.
    So, you're saying... if eclipses the others?
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    So, you're saying... if eclipses the others?
    Dammit, I should have thought of that!

I flew back from Dallas today. Plane was supposed to leave at 1:00pm but pushed back a little late and we took off at around 1:30. The full on eclipse was at 1:40 or so, just as we got above the clouds. When I took a peek, it looked like sunrise above the clouds and midnight below. I wasn’t all that excited about the eclipse but this was pretty cool.

Name:  IMG_7858.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  43.8 KB

Name:  IMG_7862.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  24.8 KB

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Our view using a telescope (with proper filters) and moderate magnification...

Name:  04082024-6.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  21.7 KB
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

I believe I'll have a Corona to celebrate.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Was very overcast here. Caught a couple of glimpses, but that was about it.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    ...grab a jar of massaman or rendang paste..
    I read that as "rendering paste", which sounded less than appetizing.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List