Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Eclipse 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    The view from Lake Champlain
    "I walk the shores of Lake Champlain, in the placid acid rain."

- The Austin Lounge Lizards

Actually, I have been to Ticonderoga and that is a glorious area of the state.

Gringop
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Was very overcast here. Caught a couple of glimpses, but that was about it.
    Same here, a little way up the coast from y’all. At the moment of peak coverage, 1:39 PM CDT, a hole opened, in the several layers of clouds, for just a short time, except for some amount of remaining haze, so, using the protective eyewear, I caught just a moment of the partial eclipse. There was, however, a very interesting effect, as the “color balance” of everything changed, to a hue that I cannot quite describe, almost like orange, but with a hint of green.

Had the weather forecast been better, we might have tried making the drive, toward the path of totality, which could have coincided with a visit to my brother-in-law, on the far side of SATX.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Same here, a little way up the coast from y’all. At the moment of peak coverage, 1:39 PM CDT, a hole opened, in the several layers of clouds, for just a short time, except for some amount of remaining haze, so, using the protective eyewear, I caught just a moment of the partial eclipse. There was, however, a very interesting effect, as the “color balance” of everything changed, to a hue that I cannot quite describe, almost like orange, but with a hint of green.

Had the weather forecast been better, we might have tried making the drive, toward the path of totality, which could have coincided with a visit to my brother-in-law, on the far side of SATX.
    When we have forest fires in the area our troposphere turns orange. I've never seen any green however. That would cause me some concern.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    When we have forest fires in the area our troposphere turns orange. I've never seen any green however. That would cause me some concern.
    When funnel clouds or tornados are near, the dark clouds can cast what appears, to be a sick greenish effect, at least when the sun is at some angles. I knew that no tornados were near, so, this lighting effect would have been the eclipse interacting with the existing overcast.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Yes, no shortage in stupidity at all

Indeed.

A woman who authorities say fatally stabbed her partner at their Los Angeles apartment Monday then threw her two children from a moving SUV onto the freeway, killing her infant daughter, was an astrologer who called the impending solar eclipse “the epitome of spiritual warfare” in an online post days earlier.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...cli-rcna147314
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

User Tag List