Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Eclipse 2024

Stores in towns along the zone of totality are already having empty-shelf situations, according to my brother-in-law, who is very near that area, in Texas.

Apparently, there are you-tubers and podcasters proclaiming apocalypses and civil wars, which folks are buying-into, even where we are, in the partial-eclipse zone. Yep, war in Gaza and Ukraine, wildfires in the Panhandle, earthquake in NJ/NY, and now the EEE-clipse, so,The Rapture and/or Great Tribulation MUST be upon us!
    Last edited by Rex G; 04-06-2024 at 08:45 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Stores in towns along the zone of totality are already having empty-shelf situations, according to my brother-in-law, who is very that area, in Texas.

Apparently, there are you-tubers and podcasters proclaiming apocalypses and civil wars, which folks are buying-into, even where we are, in the partial-eclipse zone. Yep, war in Gaza and Ukraine, wildfires in the Panhandle, earthquake in NJ/NY, and now the EEE-clipse, so,The Rapture and/or Great Tribulation MUST be upon us!
    Time to break out the FAL?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Time to break out the FAL?
    Well, I did not quite get around to buying an FAL. Browning BLR, in .308, will have to do. Lighter to carry, anyway, so, better. Even better, a Takedown BLR, in a backpack, to enable having the AR/M4 in-hand…
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Cant wait to set my eyes on it.

The totality's path is tracking less than 1 mile from my house, looking like we're going to have 4 minutes and 3 seconds of viewing. Hotels in the area have been booked for months, minimum 4-nights stay, and rates are 4-10x what they normally are. A notoriously seedy hotel in the next town (like, by the hour seedy) is booked solid at $350 a night - not sure where the "regulars" are going to be doing business this weekend...

Gas stations started gouging on Monday, prices went up nearly $1/gallon over night. So far no runs on grocery stores, but I got everything I needed by Thursday night and plan on not leaving my house except for early Mass Sunday. I expect that there will be lookie-loos parked on both sides of every paved (and unpaved) road in the area starting Sunday night...

As far as weather, Accuweather is calling for 70 degrees and 46% cloud cover at around the time of the totality, so, hopefully there will be good viewing. This is probably the last time I'll have a chance to see something like this, because I'm definitely not going to "chase" these things.

I went to Missouri for the 2017 eclipse, the place I chose was cloudy so I missed out on the best experience. My brother lives in San Antonio so I'm heading out there tomorrow, but the forecast is supposed to be cloudy there too. Oh well, I'll still probably be around in 2045 for the next total eclipse in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Stores in towns along the zone of totality are already having empty-shelf situations, according to my brother-in-law, who is very near that area, in Texas.

I was considering some propitiatory human sacrifices and possibly freezing the meat.
    Should the offerings be made in the direction from which the track of the eclipse comes or the direction into which it goes?
    Each?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    The 2017 went through my town; a bunch of us got together for it. It was fun, but I'm not going to bother traveling for this one. Seen one...
    Same. It was dope to see one in the full heat of a St. Louis summer....but I work tomorrow and I expect at least one of the patients will likely turn into a werewolf or some shit so I can't just not be there for that.

Friends changed their destination upon reading the weather forecast from their first choice watch site.

I will just watch on TV while preparing for Armageddon. Although it is listed at 92% here. I wonder how dim that will appear to the eye.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

We are in the path of totality. I just got back from shopping at H-E-B, and there was a depressing lack of Armageddon vibe.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List