Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Pannone on Micro compact options

Site Supporter
    Some comparisons between my RM and “Macro”. Note my RM has a full size EPS and a plate that weights exactly 1oz. My “Macro” has the 3.1 slide, EPS carry, 12rd mag with Inception Defense baseplate (only 12rd a still) and has an aluminum NDZ XXL backstrap. Both guns are loaded.

Name:  IMG_3391.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  35.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_3392.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  38.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_3393.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  24.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_3394.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  23.9 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    The RM grip is actually 1mm more narrow than the Macro but is larger front to back by 5mm if both are wearing their large back straps. Both guns weight exactly the same. The slide on the RM is about 2mm wider. Carrying the RM feels like I am carrying my Macro. Carrying the RM feels nothing like carrying my g19 or M&P9c - those feel considerably bigger and heavier
    As I said, I'm not up to speed on Glock clones. What is an RM?

I initially thought we will see more G26 and G19s for sale after the G43x and 48 were launched but that was not the case in my area. We are seeing more slimline Glocks coming to classes , the local dealer however told me G26 and G19 sales are still pretty consistent. In my neck of the woods, the only place we ever see comps are in matches, i have not ever seen a carry gun with a comp. What he mentioned about the shield mags is interesting, as can be seen from the responses in this thread as well. We had a club shoot in the rain recently and one of the members commented about how the larger models were easier to control with soaked hands vs his 365Xl.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    As I said, I'm not up to speed on Glock clones. What is an RM?
    Rost Martin RM1c. Its based on the Arex Delta Gen2 but from a company based in Dallas, TX.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Shot View Post
    Much thanks to G19fan and Wobbly possum. Great summaries. I watched the entire vid and couldn't have articulated and summed it up half as well. You guys talk pretty!

My 2 cents.

Pannone had compensators on most of the micro compacts he discussed and recommends them. I think all his guns had red dots. Someone mentioned that Craig Douglas said that people in his classes were getting blowback in their eyes from comps when shooting from retention. Pannone respectfully disagreed and mentioned he'd follow up with Craig. Also, mentioned he didnt see that when he took Craigs class.

Emphasized shooting what you carry, the importance of grip, and target focused shooting.

Im very glad I watched the vid. Right now I use an LCP with a laser as my micro GTFO me gun to break contact. I need to get some trigger time to evaluate the G48, G43X, P365 and P365 XL
    A p365xl with chopped macro frame is what I shoot and carry 99% of the time

I did just get a rost martin froma recommendation from.a budy but that is a range gun only

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have gone from thinking that a macro is an excellent slimline pistol, to thinking a macro is an excellent pistol.
    100% def my favorite pistol overall

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    He is a big fan of the slim carry guns and comps on them. Has shot 20k rounds over 6 months through:

G48 with comp shield mags
    G43x with comp psa mags
    G43 (shield.chop and mags)
    P365 with comp (his lady's gun)
    Hellcat with comp
    Arex Delta (only gun with no grip mods needed)

Loved the glock slimlines, p365 and hellcat. Highly recommends arex delta and I assume he would like a rost martin based on that.

Glock 26 doesn't work well for him and he feels it is outdated.

Personally agree a lot of his points. Love a p365 much more than a g26. I hope to love the rost martin I have incoming
    Thanks! I commented on one of his updates how across several attempts with slimline Glocks I found recency and near dedication to them to be critical whereas the G26 doesn’t exhibit that for me with its dimensional similarity to my other Glock shooters. I never had 20K rounds out of the slimlines so there’s that.

He’s done nice work on this topic lately. As is his par.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

The most interesting thing in the video, for me, was the s10 43x chop. The idea of a thin 26 with equal capacity is intriguing. But i will likely just try a 365 first to accomplish the same. Though an s10 with a gadget has its own appeal.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Misquoted on IG. Factory PORTING, specifically the Shield and 19/23Cs have caused facial lacerations on more than one occasion firing from retention. That has not happened with ANY comp.
    Do you have any experience with aftermarket ports like the ones by Monsoon Tactical? I'm curious if those would have the same issues as the factory ported Shields or Glocks.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by js475 View Post
    Do you have any experience with aftermarket ports like the ones by Monsoon Tactical? I'm curious if those would have the same issues as the factory ported Shields or Glocks.
    More length of the barrel is cut up, with a focus on the middle portion/chamber area versus the end of the barrel.

The gas I've seen on the monsoon cut guns in person is a solid 4-5 feet taller than the head of the shooter. I'll pass.

User Tag List