Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Mike Pannone on Micro compact options

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    More length of the barrel is cut up, with a focus on the middle portion/chamber area versus the end of the barrel.

The gas I've seen on the monsoon cut guns in person is a solid 4-5 feet taller than the head of the shooter. I'll pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    I know you weren’t specifically asking for this answer, but just throwing out/ reiterating that the Macro should in no way be thought of in the same light as the original/ X/ XL grips. They are that different. Best analogy- the 365 is a micro compact grip. The X/XL grips are too small and the G19 is too big. The Macro grip is the goldilocks perfect middle ground. If it’s too long, the correct answer is to chop it. A hack to make the X/XL grips usable is the tape/ inner tube mod that makes them size up to the Macro circumference but still take the 12 rnd mags.
    @G19Fan
    Tots did you end up chopping a macro frame?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Tots did you end up chopping a macro frame?
    Not yet. I have an XL frame with the tape/tube mod that’s the equivalent of a chopped Macro. If I could unload it and recoup a bit of money I’d pick up another frame to chop. I’m at the point now the only thing chopping a frame would buy me is not having to tighten my holster when I swap out of the winter carry Macro grip.

Not yet. I have an XL frame with the tape/tube mod that’s the equivalent of a chopped Macro. If I could unload it and recoup a bit of money I’d pick up another frame to chop. I’m at the point now the only thing chopping a frame would buy me is not having to tighten my holster when I swap out of the winter carry Macro grip.
    Feel like if tape and tube mod is working I would just rock that

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    The most interesting thing in the video, for me, was the s10 43x chop. The idea of a thin 26 with equal capacity is intriguing. But i will likely just try a 365 first to accomplish the same. Though an s10 with a gadget has its own appeal.

The ability to have an SCD on a thinner G26 is why I did the Shield Arms G43X/S10 conversion. 100% reliable.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK View Post
    The ability to have an SCD on a thinner G26 is why I did the Shield Arms G43X/S10 conversion. 100% reliable.

Hopefully, Glock will figure this one out with after his Death, and start using metal mags, and update the G43 with new grip and MOS slide. Also, look at the Stoeger MC, which is kinda a Micro Gen3 with G43 profile but more boolits!

Not yet. I have an XL frame with the tape/tube mod that’s the equivalent of a chopped Macro.
    Tape and tube mod? Pics please.

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    Opening salvo: IF I knew I was going to gun fight, I'd stay home. IF I had to go, I'd bring a rifle... with friends... who have rifles.

Being a retired bum, living in the relatively quiet social atmosphere of flyover country, i.e., the sticks, I think I'll stick with my current choice for carry, a G17.

Since I don't work, I can pretty much choose where I go. Hence no need for deep concealment and tiny guns. Street crime is a very, very rare event here. My primary concern, as remote as the odds are, are whack job mass killers, either the domestic or imported fundamentalist types. I want a bigger gun with more ammo. IF I ever have to engage, (and that's a big IF) odds are it will be at longer distances than typical defensive scenarios. That's my take.

I can conceal a G17 under an unbuttoned shirt relatively well. Typical geezer fashion statement.
    Hey now, don’t be bringing logic and reasoning in a pistol choosing thread! LOL

I agree with your assessment. Well thought out and stated.
    Professionally Trained Service Dog. Not dogs with issues! LOL unless you are talking about my mutts.

Site Supporter
    I've been running 2 layer's of Talon tape with a 3'rd layer of their grit tape on the right grip panel of my Macro, more or less creating a palm swell with the medium back strap, still no issues running the PMM comp. I'm thinking the inner tube is worth a try.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ECK View Post
    Tape and tube mod? Pics please.
    I build up a too thin grip with hockey/ gaffer’s tape (I'm a drummer so i use the gaffer’s tape from that) and then cover the whole thing with a bicycle inner tube cut to the desired shape. The P365XL grip was too small in all dimensions so all it took was a small strip of tubing down the backstrap and the surround. I tried two and three layers and compared the feel to my Macro; settled on two to make it fit the same.

Name:  IMG_6227.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  74.2 KB

Name:  IMG_6226.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  21.9 KB

I build up a too thin grip with hockey/ gaffer’s tape (I'm a drummer so i use the gaffer’s tape from that) and then cover the whole thing with a bicycle inner tube cut to the desired shape. The P365XL grip was too small in all dimensions so all it took was a small strip of tubing down the backstrap and the surround. I tried two and three layers and compared the feel to my Macro; settled on two to make it fit the same.

Name:  IMG_6227.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  74.2 KB

Name:  IMG_6226.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  21.9 KB
    Does that grab onto you shirt at all?

User Tag List