Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Pannone on Micro compact options

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I'm not up on all the boutique plastic glock clones out there, but isn't the Arex Delta a full-size gun (Glock 19 size)?
    It’s marketed that way, but it’s actually very close in width to a G48 or Macro.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I really liked his comment about people who say “if I’m going into a gunfight I want the biggest/highest capacity/easiest to shoot/etc gun on me.” Pannone says “I’m not going to a gunfight. I’m going to Smith’s to buy steaks.”
    Just an observation, and I'm not trying to pick on anyone or picknits, but...

The first bit sounds like it's supposed to sound like something people actually say. I've never heard anyone say that version of it. And the variation introduced appears to be designed specifically to setup the second part.

Or, tl;dr: Strawman.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Just an observation, and I'm not trying to pick on anyone or picknits, but...

The first bit sounds like it's supposed to sound like something people actually say. I've never heard anyone say that version of it. And the variation introduced appears to be designed specifically to setup the second part.

Or, tl;dr: Strawman.
    I’ve seen people post things to that effect pretty regularly online, including on this forum. People dismissing the idea of tiny guns completely because they’d rather have a duty pistol with a full sized MRDS and WML if they had to use a gun to defend themselves. I think Pannone’s sentiments are consistent with those of numerous other SMEs like DB when he talks about the snubby lifestyle.

I’ve never heard anyone say anything like that in person but I know a much larger number of LEOs than I do regular CCW normal people and I’m just happy to hear when the police are regularly carrying any firearm off duty.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Think how many shield mags will be ordered

Not to mention people looking for the highest cliff, they can find to throw their Glock 26 off of

He made a lot of good points on slim line guns, number one being they are harder to shot at speed because of the slimness of the grip. I’ve never used a comp on one and don’t think I ever will, but his opinion of them sounds more then reasonable. It’s a trade off for me, yes I’d much rather have a full size gun in a gun fight of course in a perfect world I’d have a long gun. But I more often then not carry a slimline for comfort and conceal ability. Another thing I am in agreement with him and have in common is I too only use Shield Arms mags in my two 48s and one 43, have a total of 12 Gen 1 and Gen 2. Zero issues with many of thousands of rounds fired, also picked up a couple PSA mags for the 48s and they have run without issue too. If starting from scratch I’d go the PSA route, since there is no need to replace your mag catch.

Misquoted on IG. Factory PORTING, specifically the Shield and 19/23Cs have caused facial lacerations on more than one occasion firing from retention. That has not happened with ANY comp.

I’ve enjoyed Mike’s segments. I love these little guns. I have owned most of them, some twice, settled on G43x for now. I am looking forward to the Walther and HK micro, and hopefully redesigned CZ with more capacity. I found the comp recommendation interesting. I would like to see more guns offered in .30 super carry, especially in these little guns. It would do a lot for the shootability. I bet the higher pressure .30 would work well with comp too.

I have gone from thinking that a macro is an excellent slimline pistol, to thinking a macro is an excellent pistol.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Misquoted on IG. Factory PORTING, specifically the Shield and 19/23Cs have caused facial lacerations on more than one occasion firing from retention. That has not happened with ANY comp.
    This is super great to know. Something that will be shared...

pat

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I'm not up on all the boutique plastic glock clones out there, but isn't the Arex Delta a full-size gun (Glock 19 size)?
    The RM grip is actually 1mm more narrow than the Macro but is larger front to back by 5mm if both are wearing their large back straps. Both guns weight exactly the same. The slide on the RM is about 2mm wider. Carrying the RM feels like I am carrying my Macro. Carrying the RM feels nothing like carrying my g19 or M&P9c - those feel considerably bigger and heavier

User Tag List