Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Pannone on Micro compact options

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    More length of the barrel is cut up, with a focus on the middle portion/chamber area versus the end of the barrel.

The gas I've seen on the monsoon cut guns in person is a solid 4-5 feet taller than the head of the shooter. I'll pass.
    Similiar exp

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Thanks! I commented on one of his updates how across several attempts with slimline Glocks I found recency and near dedication to them to be critical whereas the G26 doesn’t exhibit that for me with its dimensional similarity to my other Glock shooters. I never had 20K rounds out of the slimlines so there’s that.

He’s done nice work on this topic lately. As is his par.
    Your comments on the G26 mirror my experience with my G26 vs my G48. As great as a gun my G48 is and as much as i have become a fan of it, i find it “less forgiving” and generally needs a bit more attention if I dont shoot it for a while. In my case, slimlines definitely havent made the G26 redundant.

Update. He posted a segment on “doing doubles at distance with your micro, thats where learning happens.”Not sure if link works for others.
    http://https://www.instagram.com/p/C...o0cmJmZXF4Mw==

Interesting that there's no mention of the Shield Plus.

I bought one when it first came out, sent it off to be milled for a 507K and have been carrying it ever since including to a couple of classes. Mine has never had a single malfunction.

Comparing it to all the others dimensionally there's just been no reason to change. The differences in size are very minimal.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post

I bought one when it first came out, sent it off to be milled for a 507K and have been carrying it ever since including to a couple of classes. Mine has never had a single malfunction.

Comparing it to all the others dimensionally there's just been no reason to change. The differences in size are very minimal.
    I asked him about this in an IG comment. He said he just wasn’t a fan of the design or ergonomics of the shield plus, at which point several others agreed and complained about the bore axis.

Bore axis aside, I found the shield plus to shoot as soft as a g48 or near enough.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    I asked him about this in an IG comment. He said he just wasn’t a fan of the design or ergonomics of the shield plus, at which point several others agreed and complained about the bore axis.

Bore axis aside, I found the shield plus to shoot as soft as a g48 or near enough.

I tend to agree. I can shoot a Shield Plus very well compared to the other micros, but something about the ergos are weird - they look similar to a full size M&P but the proportions and/or something else is just a little off.

I just sold off my last Shield Plus. For me, the lack of a direct mount optic and the marginal safety were significant downsides. I also found it "bigger" enough than a P365 to be just chonky enough to be unfun in shorts pocket. Most importantly for me, I find they just don't "point" naturally, leading to lots of time "hunting for the dot" on optics-equipped versions. Lastly, I found the design of 13-round magazine and the "spacer" to be questionable, my friends and I have broken several of those during normal range use.

Having said all that, of all the micros, I find the Shield Plus to have the least felt recoil of any of the micros, think the trigger is arguably the "best" of the options, and found them to be inherently more accurate than most of the other options. And, since my several versions were all 100% reliable, if you have one and mesh with it, I say rock on with it!

If the P365 didn't exist I would carry a rost martin or shield plus.

Imo shield plus has the best recoil out of the small guns but the ergos don't work naturally for me.

Quote Originally Posted by js475 View Post
    Do you have any experience with aftermarket ports like the ones by Monsoon Tactical? I'm curious if those would have the same issues as the factory ported Shields or Glocks.
    Not what you asked but, I personally witnessed an officer in a class fire his G23C from a high compressed #3 position. First shot, he immediately re-holstered, turned my direction, and I saw blood shoot out of his nose. The over-pressure from the factory ported Glocks + .40s&w is no joke! Not sure about 9mm though.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

I both miss, and don’t miss, my G43; as the G42 is just solid for my needs.

But that grip chop on his 43X looks interesting. Like the micro version of a 19 cut for 26 mags.

I’m pretty well in the snubby thing, but I also think my “tiny” needs are well met with a 42 and a 26.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter
    Initially, I was pretty intrigued by his experiences with the hellcat RDP. At this point I think I’m most interested in a comped 43x. My g48 hangs up upon returning to battery, but when it works well it’s a pretty great shooting little gun. For some, the shorter slide of the 43x seems to work better than the g48 slide, so maybe it’s worth experimenting with.

User Tag List