Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Washington state bans knives on public transportation

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    This really misunderstands the motives of both sides.
    Come live in Washington so you can understand the aimed punishment of anyone right of progressive. This knife thing ain't shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Come live in Washington so you can understand the aimed punishment of anyone right of progressive. This knife thing ain't shit.
    Yep, and, while I myself am very progressive and probably a Marxist (can I pick Groucho?) by P-F standards; these warm and fuzzy, security blanket laws are definitely targeted at furthering division just to create a rally cry.

There are some good leaders in this state, unfortunately they all fall under the thumb of folks who choose to create a personal brand. Which I suppose is just the political weapon of the times, I think Ferguson and folks just want to be at the front of the parade.

I had a late great-uncle who was a beloved judge in this town, and was always getting pressured to seek higher office. He used to say that anyone who holds an elected office that doesn’t include the White House should refrain from speaking to the media for longer than 10 minutes; their actions should reinforce their brevity. Somewhere that coin got flipped.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    True in other circumstances, but I do not see that desire to punish anyone from anyone involved in the issues you mention. As we push for our agenda, be careful about falling into the trap of overly-vilifying the other side without seeing things from their side. The ability to see from their side ultimately helps us persuade the persuadable people of the correctness of our position.
    I put forward that you are a rational and fairly ethical/moral human, and making the mistake of assuming that other people's internal experience matches yours, perhaps reinforced by your approach to your beliefs or even vocation. With all respect, I agree with you. I just don't think most humans even consider it.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

The Ammoland article is incorrect.

There is no "knife ban" in libraries, public transit, or zoos.

Knives are only specifically banned in areas where court proceedings are held, per RCW 9.41.300 Subsection (1)(b).

Second Substitute Senate Bill 5444 is the law that was enacted.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dodson View Post
    The Ammoland article is incorrect.

There is no "knife ban" in libraries, public transit, or zoos.

Knives are only specifically banned in areas where court proceedings are held, per RCW 9.41.300 Subsection (1)(b).

Second Substitute Senate Bill 5444 is the law that was enacted.
    Yep. I wish people would try to read the legislation. New additions are underlined.

It's a dense chunk of legislation, and unfortunately it has gotten longer in the last decade or so, but it can be read and interpreted.

User Tag List