Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Building a PC9

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Are you looking to mount the MRO on the hand guard to avoid zero shift during takedown/reassembly in addition to iron sight use?

I have the original, non-rail version and have my dot mounted over the ejection port. I’ll try and remember this evening to get it out and see if I can still see the irons through the dot.
    Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Yes.

Thanks!
    Finally got a chance to look at my PC9 last night. The sight is a either a Romeo5 or a PA that is similar mounted with the low mount. With the sight mounted over the ejection port the irons show up in the bottom 1/4 or 1/5 of the tube. I could use them in a pinch but I have to shift my head position lower to line them up for a proper iron sight picture.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Finally got a chance to look at my PC9 last night. The sight is a either a Romeo5 or a PA that is similar mounted with the low mount. With the sight mounted over the ejection port the irons show up in the bottom 1/4 or 1/5 of the tube. I could use them in a pinch but I have to shift my head position lower to line them up for a proper iron sight picture.
    Thanks, I appreciate this info!
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

The orders have been placed!

This build will use the model 19116 Ruger PC9 and an Aimpoint ACO in a low ring mount, a WML based on the Arisaka Scout 600 body and M-LOK mount, and set up initially with a single point sling.

I'm looking forward to this, I think it will be pretty badass once it's done. I will update this thread as soon as I have something to show!
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

I have given this project a name - the Fuck You New York carbine. The goal is to make it as badass as possible while remaining fully compliant with the NY AWB. It will be a display of how absurd it is to ban firearms because of "evil features" that have little (or nothing) to do with its effectiveness as a civilian defensive weapon.

I have envisioned its final form, down to the smallest detail, and hope to have it completed in a few weeks. It is after all replacing my handguns and AR that I'm forced to part with before the move.

Site Supporter
    That's a common view. Lots of Rugers among folks here and lots of Maverick pumps for newbies. BTW, write a letter to Clarence T. and Thomas A. that they could have fixed this but didn't (saw that written on cloud).
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    I have given this project a name - the Fuck You New York carbine. The goal is to make it as badass as possible while remaining fully compliant with the NY AWB. It will be a display of how absurd it is to ban firearms because of "evil features" that have little (or nothing) to do with its effectiveness as a civilian defensive weapon.

I have envisioned its final form, down to the smallest detail, and hope to have it completed in a few weeks. It is after all replacing my handguns and AR that I'm forced to part with before the move.
    Can you have a spike bayonet?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Needs a Lebel mount. Because brass grip and curved guard. Few things say “Eff You” more definitively than a cruciform bayonet 18” long.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/...e=4#i106752647

Name:  x22_ruger_pc_bayonet_2.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  75.5 KB

P.S. This may need a little bit of work if NY prohibits threaded barrels.

Or if I really want to piss them off, a plastic drinking straw. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/...e=4#i106752647

Name:  x22_ruger_pc_bayonet_2.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  75.5 KB

P.S. This may need a little bit of work if NY prohibits threaded barrels.
    Zip ties.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List