Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Building a PC9

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Definitely NOT battle-proven like an AR, but the PC9 is getting enough use in civilian circles that the issues are being identified and ironed out. The collective knowledge on keeping the PC9 running continues to grow, and at this point is recognized as being reasonably reliable. It also has some decent aftermarket support.

It will be a fun project that I will have fully vetted before leaving NH, and I remain confident that it will serve my purposes behind the iron curtain.
    I assume you will also have several shotguns with you when you move there? Will you be able to have 11-87's or will it be down to doubles & pumps?

Are you switching handguns to wheelguns exclusively?

Also sure you are aware of C Does youtube channel and his selection of Ruger American Ranch with 10 round mags because he lives in NY, think we've discussed him.

Here are some of his more impressive IMHO youtubes with the RAR

Woodland Brutality 2022

C_Does Woodland Brutality 2023

"Double taps"

Quote Originally Posted by Dov View Post
    I assume you will also have several shotguns with you when you move there? Will you be able to have 11-87's or will it be down to doubles & pumps?
    My 11-87 and coach gun double will be there;

Are you switching handguns to wheelguns exclusively?
    No handguns at all. I've made the decision that I'm not going to subject myself to their BS licensing procedure/requirements, just to be able to keep a pistol in my home. Even with a NY "carry" license I effectively could not carry anywhere due to their long list of "sensitive locations" - which is effectively everywhere.

Also sure you are aware of C Does youtube channel and his selection of Ruger American Ranch with 10 round mags because he lives in NY, think we've discussed him.
    I've got bolt guns;

The PC9 will (mostly) fill the niche left void by the lack of an AR.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    This "FYNY" project already interests me for a couple reasons, and if it also ends up being enlightening about what isn't needed to make the thing run, so much the better.
    The rifle is sitting at my local FFL awaiting transfer to me. Most of the parts are already on-hand, the remainder arriving early next week.

I'm hoping by next weekend to have the initial test firing/sight-in completed and to post some photos of the finished (for now) project.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

I have given this project a name - the Fuck You New York carbine. The goal is to make it as badass as possible while remaining fully compliant with the NY AWB. It will be a display of how absurd it is to ban firearms because of "evil features" that have little (or nothing) to do with its effectiveness as a civilian defensive weapon.
    While the classic Masterkey requires an SBS stamp, an 18” 870 shouldn’t, amiright?

https://www.lockharttactical.com/sto...8583498-lt-ubs

Quote Originally Posted by S Jenks View Post
    While the classic Masterkey requires an SBS stamp, an 18” 870 shouldn’t, amiright?

https://www.lockharttactical.com/sto...8583498-lt-ubs
    Yes, 18" (plus a fraction more to avoid any measurement dispute) is non-NFA and is fine for an 870 even in NY.

https://gunsafety.ny.gov/system/file...d_features.pdf

Yes, 18" (plus a fraction more to avoid any measurement dispute) is non-NFA and is fine for an 870 even in NY.

https://gunsafety.ny.gov/system/file...d_features.pdf
    At the moment.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    At the moment.
    NY is going to ban Little League because...baseball bats....

Site Supporter
    San Antonio had a local ordinance against baseball bats in your car because gang bangers were carrying the mini Aluminum bats to beat on their rivals. So you never know.

We just await Scotus to walk down the stairs with their Golden Tablets of new RKBA decisions or the election of the Glowing Orange God who will have Congress passing legislation that void state gun restrictions on the authority of the 2nd Amendment.

BTW, not a fan of the double barrel for HD, much prefer the pump. Sure it's a gun but my NTI experience running one in your simulated birthday suit and a box of mixed slugs and bird - with multiple surprise targets in a clearing - Nope. Had to butt stroke one target as a surprise after shooting two.

I'd still go through the permit crap - the more in the state the better. We will be free someday - just as I said above.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    BTW, not a fan of the double barrel for HD, much prefer the pump. Sure it's a gun but my NTI experience running one in your simulated birthday suit and a box of mixed slugs and bird - with multiple surprise targets in a clearing - Nope. Had to butt stroke one target as a surprise after shooting two.
    Every year the December 3gun match at the local club has a Safe Queen theme, and the adage is that if you win you were doing it wrong. Last year I used my SKB O/U skeet gun, reloading from my twin loading caddy, and while it was just an exercise in goofiness it went well enough that I keep wanting to remember to throw a few rounds of #1B in the case, never know when you might need to fight my way home from the skeet field, hahah.

Seriously though, it might not be so bad in an actual home defense situation, once outside the home probably not so much.

ETA: And this is a thing:
    Name:  A Thing.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  36.9 KB
    Last edited by mmc45414; 04-22-2024 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Every year the December 3gun match at the local club has a Safe Queen theme, and the adage is that if you win you were doing it wrong. Last year I used my SKB O/U skeet gun, reloading from my twin loading caddy, and while it was just an exercise in goofiness it went well enough that I keep wanting to remember to throw a few rounds of #1B in the case, never know when you might need to fight my way home from the skeet field, hahah.

Seriously though, it might not be so bad in an actual home defense situation, once outside the home probably not so much.

ETA: And this is a thing:
    Name:  A Thing.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  36.9 KB
    Would "speed loading" an OU be slower than a side by side? Any CAS people try them side by side (pun intended)?

User Tag List