Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Building a PC9

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I also like the MRO, and I just went through some of this with the 10/22 I put together. I think you (I did) will struggle trying to co-witness with the MRO, and trying to peek under it will leave your cheek floating around.
    I decided to shift my thinking to a quick release...
    I like your thinking on the QD approach instead of peek-under or co-witness. This might work well for me - https://www.eurooptic.com/EOTech-Gre...ing-and-1.aspx

EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    This might work well for me
    Speculating that would end up too high. That MI mount I linked would work with the MRO you have. Brownells carried it, they will take it back if you do not like it.

I have a Ruger. Mine has a mini Aimpoint with a low mount with a lever release mounted on the receiver rail. I don't exactly get a cheek "weld" but my cheek is touching the stock. I figure that if I need to use the irons, I can quickly remove the dot and mount.

I haven't had any zero shift with the take down. I tried it several times and it kept zero.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Speculating that would end up too high. That MI mount I linked would work with the MRO you have. Brownells carried it, they will take it back if you do not like it.
    Yes, agreed.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Aimpoint PRO in low ring mount sits right on the deck;

Drool.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter

Ooh thanks, I need to get me one of those!

I have a concern that the M-lock forend might be interpreted as a "barrel shroud", or whatever they call it, or something else that NY legislates against.

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  19.1 KB

It looks like foreend of a military longarm like the new XM7. I am using a civilian semiauto version image as an example here:

Name:  mcx-spear-web-16-2.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  25.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    I have a concern that the M-lock forend might be interpreted as a "barrel shroud", or whatever they call it, or something else that NY legislates against.
    A hand guard or "shroud" is not part of the NY AW definition. Here are a few links that list the features that make a firearm an "assault weapon" ;

https://gunsafety.ny.gov/system/file...d_features.pdf

https://giffords.org/lawcenter/state...s-in-new-york/

Aimpoint PRO in low ring mount sits right on the deck
    Another good option. Like I mentioned, I have been doing more with shotguns lately, and that could be another option. I want them to mount as close to the guns I shoot skeet with a few thousand times a summer, crank up the SGA cheekpiece too much and it gets funky (I tried...).

Here are a few links that list the features that make a firearm an "assault weapon"
    And it looks like Ruger has you covered on an option with no barrel threads.

Also note that Beretta is making the A300 in a five round version to be NY compliant, better getcha one of those also...

User Tag List