Thread: Stoeger STR-9 Loaded Chamber Indicator

Stoeger STR-9 Loaded Chamber Indicator

I purchased an STR-9 a couple of weeks ago at Bass Pro. I like the pistol, but it appears to be missing the "loaded chamber indicator" that is described in the owner's manual and discussed in numerous online reviews. According to what I've seen and read, there is supposed to be a slot in the top plate through which a small steel bar will protrude (slightly) to indicate that there is a round in the chamber. It is touted in several reviews and in the manual as being superior to visual only indicators because the raised bar gives you a tactile way to check for a round in the chamber if it is dark.
    Now to my particular STR-9: It came with a top plate with no slot for the loaded chamber indicator bar to protrude through. So I (obviously) have no indicator. I have sent Stoeger an email query about this missing feature, but so far no response.
    Just wondering if anybody here had ever heard of a situation like this. TIA!

I'm going to answer my own question. I broke down and called the Stoeger customer service number and waited the now (it seems) mandatory 25 minutes anywhere to actually talk to a human. This is the answer and I'm surprised it's missing from the owner's manual and from all the different reviews I watched and read.

If you purchase the STR-9 version that comes with multiple top plates for optics mounting, you do not get loaded chamber indicator because both occupy the same space.

Case closed.

User Tag List