Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top 5 AR 15's 16" Barrel $ 1,000 to $1,500 or a little more

Top 3 AR 15's 16" Barrel $ 1,000 to $1,500 or a little more

Have some money burning a hole in my pocket.
    Accuracy ... reliable not going to be for running and gunning.

I have a ton of Match grade Ammo looking to be used.

Thanks for any input.
    Last edited by Robert Mitchum; 04-01-2024 at 08:13 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post

Thanks for any input.
    Primary Arms has the Colt 6920 with Centurion free float rail for $1099 plus and additional 10% off - so $989.

https://www.primaryarms.com/colt-m4-...D01_Not_A_Joke

Sionics is the easy button for me in this range. Top tier quality really.

Several dealers online have the Colt CR6960 for just around $1,000.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Primary Arms has the Colt 6920 with Centurion free float rail for $1099 plus and additional 10% off - so $989.

https://www.primaryarms.com/colt-m4-...D01_Not_A_Joke
    The ad copy is generic, but the listing and the images are of a model 6960; this has a lightweight slim (not quite pencil) chrome lined 1:7 barrel with mid-length gas system.
    I have one of these uppers, and it is very accurate so far. $989 is a fine price for a complete rifle. Primary Arms are quite nice to deal with.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Not an AR nerd (I'm a nerd in other ways so this is no put down), and Larue has apparently gone way up in cost since I got my 16" upper, but after shooting three rounds on a steel target at around 160 yards to get "on paper", than another three rounds at around an inch for an initial group, I made an adjustment and fired rounds 7, 8, and 9 into a group that was about 0.44"... With 55gr Speer Gold Dot ammo - not match grade.

I have a bunch of 75gr ammo and want to try that but other things have gotten in the way.

As much as it pains me how much the price has gone up, Larue is good stuff.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    The ad copy is generic, but the listing and the images are of a model 6960; this has a lightweight slim (not quite pencil) chrome lined 1:7 barrel with mid-length gas system.
    I have one of these uppers, and it is very accurate so far. $989 is a fine price for a complete rifle. Primary Arms are quite nice to deal with.
    Colt sells both the mid length 6960 and a carbine length 6920 with the same rail. I believe the 6920 version used to be known as the trooper because Colt developed it for a state police tender.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    Not an AR nerd (I'm a nerd in other ways so this is no put down), and Larue has apparently gone way up in cost since I got my 16" upper, but after shooting three rounds on a steel target at around 160 yards to get "on paper", than another three rounds at around an inch for an initial group, I made an adjustment and fired rounds 7, 8, and 9 into a group that was about 0.44"... With 55gr Speer Gold Dot ammo - not match grade.

I have a bunch of 75gr ammo and want to try that but other things have gotten in the way.

As much as it pains me how much the price has gone up, Larue is good stuff.
    LaRue makes good stuff although Mark Larue is a nutcase.

LaRue recently switched from a direct sales model to a stocking dealer model. When that happened, they essentially doubled their prices on everything.

Daniel Defense DDM4 V7 5.56mm NATO 16" 1:7" Bbl Rifle w/NO MAG 02-128-02081-067

Sub Total: $1,599.99

Is EuroOptic legit to buy a Rifle from? ... have read some bad reviews in the past.
    The Scam Detector 50.5/100 BBB Rating & Accreditation BBB rating F

I know there are probably better ARs for the money but at 71 years old I am not taking my money with me.
    Saw some good groups at 100 yards and I like the look of this AR.
    Name:  image-full-107613-ad39b28d9cedfc2355ea71b0676214a7.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  22.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post

Thanks for any input.
    This leads me to think that you're looking for a precision rig, not a general purpose AR?

If I'm wrong, and the latter is the case, the Colt 6960 is what I’d buy.

If I'm correct, and you're looking for a precision rig, I'm less of a good source on that these days, but I'd be looking at something like this
    https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcm-ss41...ard-1-8-twist/

https://www.primaryarms.com/bravo-co...recision-rifle
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List