Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This has to be crap, right?

Quote Originally Posted by DDTSGM View Post
    I agree it is kind of confusing, maybe indicative of how tight/competitive things are getting in the accessory market.

The only Geissele stuff I religiously use are/were their carbon steel Super Gas Blocks which they offered on the ALG website. I also have used numerous ALG rails on builds over the years. They no longer offer the carbon steel version, only the black stainless steel version at double the price. Don't know why they quit offering the carbon steel version.

While it is true that you get what you pay for, I think that very often we tend to pay for more than we actually use. As the guy from Gideon Optics said on a video - by all means if you are locking out of submarines and making beach insertions, going from minus -40 degrees to +80 degrees on a HALO, buy an aimpoint or an eotech, if you aren't doing that, consider ours.

Additionally, that sight built into the top of the housing is worthless and hokey looking.

Outside of armed conflict with first tier militaries or police departments, I'm pretty sure most folks get dirt-napped by what we would call hobby grade stuff than by Tier 1 gear:

Attachment 116733
    I see Bob had time to upgrade. That used to read "Mosin"

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    I'm on their email list (not that they ship to IL now) and that's what I was thinking. I thought Geissele was top tier and if you can't afford it, well it sucks to be you and poor. Then I see these.
    Remember the Cadillac Cimarron?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DDTSGM View Post
    Who the heck are they marketing to?
    Bill G is one of those “mayonnaise is spicy” type of people. The pseudo Spanish names are apparently a poorly thought out attempt at leveraging the fact they recently replaced BCM as the rifle /upper supplier for CBP/Border Patrol.

The El jefe and the El Corto are both clearly overpriced for what they are, A buyer looking for a quality rifle at or above the thousand dollar mark can do much better elsewhere.

And of course a $500 rifle with a cheap Chinese optic and a five dollar sling priced at > $1k is double what most budget buyers want to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Bill G is one of those “mayonnaise is spicy” type of people. The pseudo Spanish names are apparently a poorly thought out attempt at leveraging the fact they recently replaced BCM as the rifle /upper supplier for CBP/Border Patrol.
    Wow. I always thought the names were cheesy but never made the connection. Poorly thought out is an understatement.

I hope we are not going to see an ALG El Mataperros integrally suppressed AR pistol announcement ..

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

The El jefe and the El Corto are both clearly overpriced for what they are, A buyer looking for a quality rifle at or above the thousand dollar mark can do much better elsewhere.

And of course a $500 rifle with a cheap Chinese optic and a five dollar sling priced at > $1k is double what most budget buyers want to pay.
    Thanks. You've kinda become my source for insider info.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by MTP View Post
    Wow. I always thought the names were cheesy but never made the connection. Poorly thought out is an understatement.

I hope we are not going to see an ALG El Mataperros integrally suppressed AR pistol announcement ..
    El Chingon?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter

How about an ALG 5.7 PDW - the “Mata Policia?”

Sadly, a lot of these factors being discussed give me the same feel of where LaRue ended up heading (nowhere). As with them, still some high quality parts that are good but, overall seems lacking in direction and focus.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Maybe El Chingadera. We had many of those when I was a kid.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by OfficeCat View Post
    Remember the Cadillac Cimarron?
    It's the Escalade now. Or a one fiddy Platinum if you you need a PU to haul a load to the dump. Or take a dump at a 5 star restaurant.
    Last edited by Borderland; 03-29-2024 at 08:52 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List