Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This has to be crap, right?

This has to be crap, right?

https://geissele.com/warner-swaseyr-...moa3-gen2.html

It popped up in a Geissele email today - Warner & Swasey RDS Micro. Given the price I’m guessing it’s a Swampfox grade dot.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Same rebranded/restyled optic sold by several other companies....

https://atibal-optics.com/products/s...s-battery-life

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    https://geissele.com/warner-swaseyr-...moa3-gen2.html

It popped up in a Geissele email today - Warner & Swasey RDS Micro. Given the price I’m guessing it’s a Swampfox grade dot.
    I'm fairly confident you get what you pay for. I'm baffled by Geissele's marketing strategy. Are they a Tier 1 manufacturer that provides weapons for special ops military units? Or more like Palmetto or Botach where you can buy hobby grade AR parts.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

That’s what led to my confusion, too - I always thought Geissele ≠ PSA.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I'll never understand why consumers reward that sort of behavior from manufacturers/retailers.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I'm fairly confident you get what you pay for. I'm baffled by Geissele's marketing strategy. Are they a Tier 1 manufacturer that provides weapons for special ops military units? Or more like Palmetto or Botach where you can buy hobby grade AR parts.
    I agree it is kind of confusing, maybe indicative of how tight/competitive things are getting in the accessory market.

The only Geissele stuff I religiously use are/were their carbon steel Super Gas Blocks which they offered on the ALG website. I also have used numerous ALG rails on builds over the years. They no longer offer the carbon steel version, only the black stainless steel version at double the price. Don't know why they quit offering the carbon steel version.

While it is true that you get what you pay for, I think that very often we tend to pay for more than we actually use. As the guy from Gideon Optics said on a video - by all means if you are locking out of submarines and making beach insertions, going from minus -40 degrees to +80 degrees on a HALO, buy an aimpoint or an eotech, if you aren't doing that, consider ours.

Additionally, that sight built into the top of the housing is worthless and hokey looking.

Outside of armed conflict with first tier militaries or police departments, I'm pretty sure most folks get dirt-napped by what we would call hobby grade stuff than by Tier 1 gear:

Name:  Apocolypse Day 11.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  87.6 KB
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    I'll never understand why consumers reward that sort of behavior from manufacturers/retailers.
    I would imagine that is many cases folks trust the manufacturer and think they are getting a super deal.

IIRC, Geissele offered this optic on the 'El Jefe' patrol rifle offered through ALG. I would imagine this is excess stock.

I notice that the 'El Jefe' (cheesy, terrible name IMO) has been out of stock. Does that mean they are going faster than they can build them, or that the rifle was a bust?

Geissele has a reputation as a quality company, too much of this kind of product offering will tarnish that image.

They should take a page from BCM's playbook and have someone mount them on receivers and them advertise them as demo/blem items at the price listed in the OP's link. That will move them.

(Note - not disparaging the quality of BCM uppers, pretty much all I use are their blem uppers. IMO the blem deal is a good way to reduce inventory without impacting the MSRP of their stripped uppers.)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DDTSGM View Post
    I would imagine that is many cases folks trust the manufacturer and think they are getting a super deal.

IIRC, Geissele offered this optic on the 'El Jefe' patrol rifle offered through ALG. I would imagine this is excess stock.

I notice that the 'El Jefe' (cheesy, terrible name IMO) has been out of stock. Does that mean they are going faster than they can build them, or that the rifle was a bust?

Geissele has a reputation as a quality company, too much of this kind of product offering will tarnish that image.

They should take a page from BCM's playbook and have someone mount them on receivers and them advertise them as demo/blem items at the price listed in the OP's link. That will move them.

(Note - not disparaging the quality of BCM uppers, pretty much all I use are their blem uppers. IMO the blem deal is a good way to reduce inventory without impacting the MSRP of their stripped uppers.)
    The rifle was a bust.

They just introduced a brace pistol version called the El Corto.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I'm on their email list (not that they ship to IL now) and that's what I was thinking. I thought Geissele was top tier and if you can't afford it, well it sucks to be you and poor. Then I see these.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The rifle was a bust.

They just introduced a brace pistol version called the El Corto.
    Who the heck are they marketing to?

User Tag List