Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I beat the F out of a StreamLight today

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Uuum, how many fossilized skulls have cops bounced various Streamilghts off of over the last few decades?

Seems like a fitting next generation.

(The plastic bodied SL20s were in response to all the Streamlines and Maglights damaged...errr...subduing bad guys...)

pat
    You mean the improvised impact tool? When I started there was a guy on one of my sister squads that carried a six celled D Maglite. I swear he could reach across the room with it.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    You mean the improvised impact tool? When I started there was a guy on one of my sister squads that carried a six celled D Maglite. I swear he could reach across the room with it.
    [Index finger to side of nose/) impact tool of opportunity...

pat

[Index finger to side of nose/) impact tool of opportunity...

pat
    There was a reason I always carried a big Maglite rechargeable light. I always had three lights on me because I never wanted to run out again on an area search.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

I really wish they would put a switch on the butt of this thing.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Uuum, how many fossilized skulls have cops bounced various Streamilghts off of over the last few decades?

(The plastic bodied SL20s were in response to all the Streamlines and Maglights damaged...errr...subduing bad guys...)

pat
    I still have both of my aluminum SL-20’s out of a fondness for memorabilia from olden time. The short version of a pool-cue jab and bouncing the head off of the meat of the upper forearm were signature moves. Always kept off of bleeds skulls.🫢
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    I picked up a Wedge XT last fall when I found one on sale. Frankly, my expectations were moderately low, but the price was right.

I am happy to report that it has exceeded those expectations and has mostly replaced the ancient Surefire E1B as my EDC.

The only thing I don't like about it is how easily the switch is activated, and in the beginning, it seemed like every time I turned around, the light was turned on, although I hadn't intentionally turned it on. After realizing how sensitive the power switch is, I began using the "five tap lockout" program to solve that problem.

Still, it's a bit of a PITA to rapidly tap the power switch five times and hold it down to activate the light out of the "sleep" mode and into the "power" mode every time I retrieve it from my pocket. Seems like it would have been easier to make a power switch that was a little harder to activate or that was more properly protected from inadvertent activation.
    The great thing about my surefire sidekick is besides being quite small, it does not come on accidentally. My XT arrived today. Is the consensus (ha!) that the activation switch will cause the light to come on in your pocket?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The great thing about my surefire sidekick is besides being quite small, it does not come on accidentally. My XT arrived today. Is the consensus (ha!) that the activation switch will cause the light to come on in your pocket?
    Yes, it happened to me a couple times before I programmed the lock-out feature into it. And that doesn't count the couple of times it came on while I was simply inserting it into a pocket to secure it with the pocket clip.

pat
    I still got my very first one, it has long since ceased to operate and is beat to hell. Dings dents and half the finish worn off, but I can’t get myself to throw it away. My constant companion on many 1st watch shifts(graves), I remember my baby girl saying Daddy your big flashlight is really ugly you need a new one. She must have told my wife because that Christmas Santa brought me a new one.

User Tag List