Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I beat the F out of a StreamLight today

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    We were at a fossil formation where you can dig out fossil shells. I had my kids there. I didn’t have anything handy to chip the rocks and before I knew I was using the emitter end of this StreamLight Wedge to chisel out rocks and dirt with my full strength to get fossils. It is scarred but working perfectly. I’m impressed.

Attachment 116684
    You should send that to Streamlight. Best ad material ever.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    So, what fossils did you find? 1911 owners? Lever action guys?

You don't need to dig those out. They'll find you when you're looking at a Glock.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    So, what fossils did you find? 1911 owners? Lever action guys?

.308 guys 🤣
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    .308 guys 🤣
    Here's the post where the joke stopped being funny to me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This thread just caused me to buy a Wedge XT, did I get the right "fossil tough" model?
    I think both LL and I have the original non-XT version. The XT leads to more skinned knuckles when digging

Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post
    I think both LL and I have the original non-XT version. The XT leads to more skinned knuckles when digging
    Good thing I have the Skeletool! (And the Glock shovel in the vehicle)
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This thread just caused me to buy a Wedge XT, did I get the right "fossil tough" model?
    I picked up a Wedge XT last fall when I found one on sale. Frankly, my expectations were moderately low, but the price was right.

I am happy to report that it has exceeded those expectations and has mostly replaced the ancient Surefire E1B as my EDC.

The only thing I don't like about it is how easily the switch is activated, and in the beginning, it seemed like every time I turned around, the light was turned on, although I hadn't intentionally turned it on. After realizing how sensitive the power switch is, I began using the "five tap lockout" program to solve that problem.

Still, it's a bit of a PITA to rapidly tap the power switch five times and hold it down to activate the light out of the "sleep" mode and into the "power" mode every time I retrieve it from my pocket. Seems like it would have been easier to make a power switch that was a little harder to activate or that was more properly protected from inadvertent activation.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    I picked up a Wedge XT last fall when I found one on sale. Frankly, my expectations were moderately low, but the price was right.

I am happy to report that it has exceeded those expectations and has mostly replaced the ancient Surefire E1B as my EDC.

The only thing I don't like about it is how easily the switch is activated, and in the beginning, it seemed like every time I turned around, the light was turned on, although I hadn't intentionally turned it on. After realizing how sensitive the power switch is, I began using the "five tap lockout" program to solve that problem.

Still, it's a bit of a PITA to rapidly tap the power switch five times and hold it down to activate the light out of the "sleep" mode and into the "power" mode every time I retrieve it from my pocket. Seems like it would have been easier to make a power switch that was a little harder to activate or that was more properly protected from inadvertent activation.
    I returned an original wedge for several reasons and considered picking up an XT. The power switch is what stopped me. It’s too bad it can’t be programmed to come out of sleep mode by holding down the power switch for a few seconds.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post

This is almost exactly my own experience.

I'd like it to have more candela, like my PT 1L/1AA, and be able to deploy "tactically" a little quicker, but not churning through 123s is nice.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    Uuum, how many fossilized skulls have cops bounced various Streamilghts off of over the last few decades?

Seems like a fitting next generation.

(The plastic bodied SL20s were in response to all the Streamlines and Maglights damaged...errr...subduing bad guys...)

pat

User Tag List