Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Germany to Ban Dachshunds?

Germany to Ban Dachshunds?

Say it isn't so!
    Dachshunds under threat as Germany proposes ban on breeding

Germany's beloved sausage dog, the dachshund, could be under threat in the country, its national kennel club said Wednesday, citing a new draft law that looks to prohibit the breeding of dogs with "skeletal anomalies."
    The draft bill, published in February and currently being considered by the authorities, was introduced as part of the Animal Protection Act, which seeks to strengthen existing laws on so-called "torture breeding," the German government said.
    The document said it could ban the reproduction of breeds prone to particular problems, such as the frequent spinal issues seen in dogs with short legs and a long back.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Ach du Lieber!!

I hope the bill, er, comes up short in the vote.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Guess I shouldn't make any snide jokes about Germans with calipers...but the thought did cross my mind.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

The last dog that bit me was a dachshund, so I’m having a hard time feeling sorry … ;-)
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The last dog that bit me was a dachshund, so I’m having a hard time feeling sorry … ;-)
    Dachshunds are typically total assholes.

If they were people, they'd still be short, but would drive lifted, coal roller trucks to try and make up for it.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

My folks are on their 3rd weiner, btw. The thing still barks at me every time, and tore at Mrs Totem's pants leg last visit. The little shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Dachshunds are typically total assholes.

If they were people, they'd still be short, but would drive lifted, coal roller trucks to try and make up for it.
    Me: “Hello there! Do you bite?” [reaching out to pet the little guy]
    Dachshund: “Nice of you to ask. Yes, yes I do.” [bites hand]
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I bet it will be a tall order for the Reichstag to pass that one.

I’m kind of biased, to be honest.

Name:  IMG_1535.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  91.6 KB

She can nip when over-excited ( we didn’t get her until she was 9.5 years old), and we are training her out of it.
    He does not bite humans.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    My folks are on their 3rd weiner, btw. The thing still barks at me every time, and tore at Mrs Totem's pants leg last visit. The little shit.
    The last dog my Mom had was a Dachshund. I was out of state the first couple of years she had him so when we moved back we had to be "introduced". Every time I was over there that little mf'er would bark at me when I came through the door, run and hide behind Mom then proceed to bark at me some more while peeing on the floor.

Just thought about this. Is there a difference in temperament between the long hair and short hair varieties? Mom's was a short hair.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List