Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S&W Bodyguard 2.0 “XC” and “XS” what and when?

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    If there was such thing as a reliable, 22 with reliable ignition, even if the rounds cost as much as 9 mm, that would be something great for weak hands and weak wrists
    Isn't that what the 5.7 is? A reliable .22?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Isn't that what the 5.7 is? A reliable .22?
    A semi-auto .22 Jet.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

.32 auto and .30 super carry are nowwhere close to one another different animals. A 42x sounds good. I would like to see the 43 redone a tad shorter, a tad longer maybe between 43 and 43x with just a bit mire grip girth, give me 13 or so rounds of .30 SC! Listening to the guys in revolver forum, it sounds like the .32 is gaining traction! The only thing really holding the super carry back is the lack of more guns. It is loud, but mild recoil and good performance. Especially well suited for those with arthritis. My shield holds 14 rounds total or 17 with the extended mag.

I really hope the xs is something to compete with the LCP / P32! I think .32 makes way more sense in these little guns.

Quote Originally Posted by cathellsk View Post
    Just a guess but it’s probably a redesigned Bodyguard .380 with higher capacity to compete with the Ruger LCP MAX.
    I kinda hope it is this. I want a LCP Max, but would rather stay in the M&P family, just for fanboi reasons.

Just curious if Smith and Wesson picks new designs by throwing darts at the wall at this point?
    In the past three years:
    "Let's bring out a PCC that looks like an M&P humped a Kel-Tec."
    "Let's bring out a lever action rifle, in a crowded lever action market. Also, we've never made a lever action before."
    They have come out with some head-scratchers that obviously will not gain any traction, but I am not ready to dogpile on all of them.
    I think it makes perfect sense for them to have PCCs that accept their magazines and actually cannot believe it too them this long to do it. They got too cute with the magazine pouches on the folding thing and made the fixed stock too long, if they had put a fake buffer tube on it I would probably already have one.
    And not sure I would quite yet apprise the lever gun market as crowded, though I admit I have been forcing myself to direct my attention elsewhere (if I need a manually operated gun that is slow to reload I have a few pump shotguns).
    But yeah, some of the stuff seems like they left Joel at home alone with the keys to the 928.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    To be fair, the Shield Plus is a great idea, both with the higher mag capacity, better texture, and better trigger.
    Love my two, planning for at least one more (I want a 4"). I had sold all my Shields, they just didn't give me that much capacity over my J-frames, but I am going all-in on the Plus. Have even thought about getting one of the bargains in 30SC just because they are so cheap, and I have also thought that just maybe I actually do drink too much beer sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    .30 SC is also nice, try it before you discount it.
    One thing about the cost is that it is naturally going to be compared to 9mm when pretty much nothing cost compares to 9mm. I just went and peeked, and looks like 30SC costs about the same as 357mag, and is just a little more than 38spl. The community went through the same gyrations over Forty back when the price of 9mm started really dropping and people would declare that a person "can't afford to shoot that forty!!!" because after all, the bulk pack cost an extra six bucks. That said, I do not think 30SC has a long term future because IMO it is not enough better or different, even if it is better or different.

But I also think I am about to buy a 38super, so what do I know about making good decisions?...

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Crappy ad copy- chambering not mentioned anywhere.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I kinda hope it is this. I want a LCP Max, but would rather stay in the M&P family, just for fanboi reasons.

They have come out with some head-scratchers that obviously will not gain any traction, but I am not ready to dogpile on all of them.
    I think it makes perfect sense for them to have PCCs that accept their magazines and actually cannot believe it too them this long to do it. They got too cute with the magazine pouches on the folding thing and made the fixed stock too long, if they had put a fake buffer tube on it I would probably already have one.
    And not sure I would quite yet apprise the lever gun market as crowded, though I admit I have been forcing myself to direct my attention elsewhere (if I need a manually operated gun that is slow to reload I have a few pump shotguns).
    But yeah, some of the stuff seems like they left Joel at home alone with the keys to the 928.
    Fair enough re: PCC that takes M&P mags. That is a valid point.

Fair enough re: PCC that takes M&P mags. That is a valid point.
    I have wondered about that for a while, they have been making ARs the whole time.

There are probably dozens of us that have M&Ps and no Glocks, when you cannot swing a dead cat without hitting an AR that takes Glock magazines.

I have wondered about that for a while, they have been making ARs the whole time.

There are probably dozens of us that have M&Ps and no Glocks, when you cannot swing a dead cat without hitting an AR that takes Glock magazines.
    I always assumed that had to do with:

1) A case of Glock mags being cheaper than a night out in Bangkok's red light district

2) That no one is really making 'stendos for M&Ps - and everyone wants 30+ rounds

I got that joke.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

I always assumed that had to do with:

1) A case of Glock mags being cheaper than a night out in Bangkok's red light district

2) That no one is really making 'stendos for M&Ps - and everyone wants 30+ rounds
    Well, I am that one guy who decided he likes M&Ps better than Glocks and at the same time decided he only needs to have one brand of striker gun around, so I have no Glocks.
    I also have a Colt/Uzi pattern AR9 that runs well, is setup well, and have plenty of magazines for it (the Brownells have worked well), so buying an AR that eats from Glock magazines brings nothing to my table.

One thing about S&W launching their own PCCs, even if I haven't bought one yet, is that there are factory sorta stendos. I got a few of those, and they work great in the JMCK high ride:

Name:  M&P Stendo.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  18.6 KB
    Last edited by mmc45414; 03-27-2024 at 10:32 AM.

User Tag List