Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S&W Bodyguard 2.0 “XC” and “XS” what and when?

S&W Bodyguard 2.0 “XC” and “XS” what and when?

Saw this in a post on another forum. Apparently it was an ad posted in a USCCA carry magazine If I am not mistaken. Looks like a baby shield? Could find nothing on caliber, capacity etc? The “XS” sounds really intriguing especially if it a tiny gun for the pocket! Hopefully in .32?

Site Supporter
    Name:  IMG_0015.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  69.7 KB

Hard to tell with nothing else in the picture ro give perspective, but, at first glance, it seems the shrinkage was just in the slide. It looks like it has a mullet of a grip.

Just curious if Smith and Wesson picks new designs by throwing darts at the wall at this point?

In the past three years:

"Let's make an SAO mini not-a-1911 and give it an abysmal safety and trigger."

"Let's make a gun and call it the Equalizer!"

"Let's bring out a 5.7 pistol!"

"Let's bring out a PCC that looks like an M&P humped a Kel-Tec."

"Let's bring out a Kel-Tec pump shotgun."

"Let's bring out a lever action rifle, in a crowded lever action market. Also, we've never made a lever action before."

"Let's bring out a 50k PSI .32 auto...that will be lighter than a 9mm, but far more loud to shoot. New shooters will love it!"

"Let's make our only pocket sized semi-auto bigger!"

Literally the only thing they've done in the past 5-years that doesn't suck are the new Ultimate Carry J-Frames. And those were not even designed by Smith and Wesson realistically...

To be fair, the Shield Plus is a great idea, both with the higher mag capacity, better texture, and better trigger.

And because it's S&W, there's also the Too Tiny safety option and the factory optics cut that needs a shim to zero to the sights.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

.30 SC is also nice, try it before you discount it. Much easier to shoot though it is loud. I just went back to a shield .30, can hit with both SHO, WHO no problem, less recoil than 9.

Just a guess but it’s probably a redesigned Bodyguard .380 with higher capacity to compete with the Ruger LCP MAX. Ruger obviously owns that niche and there’s demand for competition. I’d like to see a Glock 42X personally.
    “When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
    For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today.”

There's also the whole thing of the Old Man Gun- a pistol that's a bit less than a 9mm, but with more meat to hold on to than the usual Micro Tiny Pocket Pistol.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

32. Auto would make more sense than unsellable 30 super carry. I have yet to see anything in 32, 32 Long 327 etc. in any store since the announcement of the 32 UC but have seen a fair amount of 32 auto

Yes, I live in a 10 round state but the only stores I found that have sold anything super Cary is Cabela’s. It may be a bit easier to shoot, but it cost twice as much and we have yet to see legit institutional testing. Please understand if it was the only caliber available I would carry it with no problem. We have yet to see if the higher pressure is able to be handled by shield, size guns. And much like the 45 gap or the 356 at some point it’s going to turn into a conversation piece most likely.

Due to the extensive use of the 380 and the availability of ammunition, it be nice to see somebody make a reliable 380 and if there’s going to be ammunition development, it would be nice to see that in the 380 as many of the current modern offerings, don’t run well on the lighter pressure rounds

If there was such thing as a reliable, 22 with reliable ignition, even if the rounds cost as much as 9 mm, that would be something great for weak hands and weak wrists

Site Supporter
    The current Bodyguard is a hammer-fired true DAO pistol. This looks... more striker-y. But maybe not?

The current BG also uses a MIM barrel. Wonder if that'll continue?
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

User Tag List