Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore collapses after ship struck it

Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore collapses after ship struck it

Don't think there is much actual information out yet, but figured there would be many here familiar with this bridge

Live update news page https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/bal...hnk/index.html

This video show the impact and collapse

Live Video from AP

Live Video feed

I might be jumping to conclusions, but I'm already thinking it could be terrorism.

That's possible I suppose, but doesn't seem likely to me.

Far more likely that its a typical kind of accident/disaster IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    I might be jumping to conclusions, but I'm already thinking it could be terrorism.
    Admittedly, it is curious with such a wide opening how you hit that. On the other hand, the driver could have been texting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Admittedly, it is curious with such a wide opening how you hit that. On the other hand, the driver could have been texting.
    News is reporting possible engine failure ATM.

Man, that is going to suck for years to come. Like many of you I'm sure, I've been on that bridge a few times traveling up and down the Eastern seaboard. That is going to be a huge hit to both local and through traffic in the area.

Name:  Screenshot from 2024-03-26 06-35-27.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  79.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    Ships hit other ships on the ocean, which is an order of magnitude harder than hitting a bridge.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Cargo ships are bigger than they have ever been. A loss of power would mean loss of control then the river is in control. Bam.

That is a through route. As RJ observed this is going to create one heck of a traffic problem in the area for years. No quick fix.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Just hearing about the potential loss of life of this tragedy. News bites I am seeing reporting up to 20 missing? I am so sorry for this loss; after what is it 5 hours after the incident if someone has been in the water that long...ugh. This is horrible.

User Tag List