Thread: Lee Updates the Turret Press

Lee Updates the Turret Press

I was ordering some service parts this morning and noticed Lee has a new updated version of the Turret Press.

https://leeprecision.com/ultimate-turret-press-overview

The press is now able to work with a 5 die tool head and includes a shell kicker.

I've always liked my classic cast press. I have found it very handy for processing brass and also loading. With that said, the little swinging primer feed deal is not dependable. I find it probably drops more primers on the floor than anything else.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Of course they did because I finally got around to mounting mine on the Lee stand late last year and spent some time yesterday attempting to get it set up with non-Lee dies…😱🙄😂
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

This seems like a simple thing, but is a feature I have really appreciated on the RL1100 (and I am sure they meant to say short):

Name:  Lee.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  33.4 KB

Site Supporter
    That’s really interesting- thanks for posting. The only real advantage I see in the new design is only touching the brass/bullet/cartridge ONCE, vs the 3 times I do when loading with a Classic Turret (Place case / place bullet / remove cartridge). My process tends to make for a dirty thumb & index finger, so I’ve taken to wearing a latex glove one my left hand to save a thorough washing of that hand and the resulting dry skin.

I can see a use case for when I want to knock out a couple hundred 9mm rounds for an IDPA match - it would probably be a little faster, since the machine places the bullet and kicks the completed rounds out for me.

If it’s reliable, I’d consider it, and maybe recommend it for someone starting out.

BTW, when I swapped to the “new” triangular primer “PEZ dispenser” (after wearing out the original round one), I found that the new version is more sensitive to the positioning of the bracket. If it’s a little off, I’m picking up 10% of the primers off the floor. Once I get it dialed in, it’s maybe one out of every 200-300 that escapes. Try tapping the bracket a bit left or right and see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I was ordering some service parts this morning and noticed Lee has a new updated version of the Turret Press.

https://leeprecision.com/ultimate-turret-press-overview

The press is now able to work with a 5 die tool head and includes a shell kicker.

I've always liked my classic cast press. I have found it very handy for processing brass and also loading. With that said, the little swinging primer feed deal is not dependable. I find it probably drops more primers on the floor than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    That’s really interesting- thanks for posting. The only real advantage I see in the new design is only touching the brass/bullet/cartridge ONCE, vs the 3 times I do when loading with a Classic Turret (Place case / place bullet / remove cartridge).
    You may know this but Inline Fabrication makes a loaded cartridge kicker for the Turret Press. It includes a new index rod that a little finger clamps to. The finger hits the round and knocks it out of the shell holder as it rotates.

Those are nice upgrades. I used a turret press for several years before upgrading to a Dillon. I've thought about setting it up again to load 45

User Tag List