Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is your favorite coated bullet supplier or maker?

Blue Bullets for me, great product and their CS is outstanding. I had used several thousand of the 125TC .355 and discovered they offered a .356 as well. Placed the order and the slip showed the correct item, but the packaging didn't look any different. I measured several bullets and they were .355, so I reached out to BB to let them know. Not so much for corrective action, as I had happily used the same diameter. Prompt response, asked for packaging pictures, and replaced the entire order with .356 dia. To top it off the .356 are exceptionally accurate.

Just placed an order with them moments ago, to lay in some stock.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    I've been using https://bayoubullets.net/ for several years now. They didn't raise prices back when there was a shortage. They took backorders and shipped as they got caught up. I use their 138 grain wad cutter in my light 38 Special loads. I've shot many thousands of their 147 and 145 grain 9mm bullets.
    I've been using Bayou's since then as well. Used to use Montana Gold, but eventually couldn't get them and got priced out and switched to Bayou's.

Site Supporter
    the Sonoran Desert and 6200' in the Tonto N.F.
    Only reload 9mm, 147gr - have used both SNS and Blue Bullets and both have been great to use.

Www.bearcreeksupplybullets.com I've been using them for a while now. I like their 125 for 9mm. The reason I began to use them is they have 148 DEWC and also have 148 HBWC. Its odd not being able to order from their website but the guy that's answers when you call is friendly and helpful.

Acme is reliable and has most of everything I need. I've purchased BB and MBC in the past. No regrets with any of those companies.

I stopped using uncoated lead about 5 years ago. Just don't want the exposure. Personal.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I have shot a good many Bayou bullets. Brazos has the same 124 gr mould and Hi Tek coating, I cannot tell a difference shooting. I plan on going back to 147s when I order again.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    I just ordered 500 of their .32 RNFP. Good price and fair shipping,

Thank you.

The ACME I tried had the coating want to flake off of the bullets easily, so I have not given them another try. Others have had good luck, so maybe I got a bad batch. I would try them again, most likely.

Gallant sent me 1000 147gr 9mm bullets that at least 50% of them are not suitable for anything but scrap. Misshaped, crappy thin coating. Given, this was during the covid panic, but they never responded to my inquiries about replacement. I tried to support a local business, but lesson learned. Never again. Keeping the box of scrap for ballast weight.

SNS and Missouri have been fine, IME.

Thanks everyone! I think I looked at every place linked over the past couple of days and this evening I placed an order for one sample pack each of PPC#2 and Cowboy #15 from Missouri Bullet Company and 2 sample packs of 148 DEWC from SNS.

Late last year I set up my Lee Classic Turret and today I finally set up my .38/357 dies so everything will be ready when the bullets get here. Or at least I attempted to. I found out the RCBS dies will screw in but the lock rings are too big. I probably have a set of Lee lock rings I could use on the RCBS dies around here somewhere but I went ahead and ordered a set of Lee carbide .38/357 dies just so I have one less thing to fiddle with.

Once I have the bullets in hand I will most likely start a reloading journal in addition to reading here a bunch and searching the video sites.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List