Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is your favorite coated bullet supplier or maker?

Who is your favorite coated bullet supplier or maker?

Looking to start laying in supplies to load lots of .38 and a little .357 for practice and fun shooting. I know I want to use coated bullets to include 148 wadcutters and 158 SWC. Maybe some 158 RN as well but I'm not really sure what they would get me vs the WC and SWC. Looking to keep things in the 700-1000fps range as appropriate for the bullet.

Casting my own is not an option. I could probably do my own coating but the cost and time vs just buying them already coated delta would have to significant.

Thanks!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Acme has a couple of variations of the 148 WCs.

https://www.acmebullet.com/Bullets/38Cal

I've shot a lot of ACME's stuff and it used to be great, but haven't bought in awhile now so I can't vouch for current QC level.

I like Blue Bullets, but they do not have a 148WC, and I wish they did.
    Though they do have a 147RN, the 9mm bullets sized .358. Bought some to try but not loaded yet.
    They do make a 158 with no lube groove and a crimp groove.

I became a BB fanboi during one of the frenzies because they came out and published realistic lead times, but did not jack up prices just because they could have, and they continued to be available. Since then I have loaded tens of thousands of their 147FP 9mm bullets. I do not need to be frantically buying them, because they are reliable, so when I am about to need to load more I just order the Qty3k with free freight.

Also BENOS is a -10% code, not sure they do anything to reconcile that against the members list.

I have used a lot from Missouri Bullet Company and snscasting. No complaints on either.

I've loaded ACME, Bayou, CheyCast, Missouri Bullet Co., SNS among others for my 9's and 45's and I've been satisfied. HiTek is God's gift to reloading IMHO.

I just bought some 9's from Summit City on a lark and they are BEAUTIFUL. Very, very well finished. Haven't shot them yet though.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

I've been using ACME (100 gr RNFP) and MBC ( 98gr WC-BB. The MBC FAQ's page is AWESOME!) for .32's .

I loaded and shot several thousand .38 158 gr LSWC Hoosier Bullets Hi-Tek coated bullets. Excellent quality and fast shipping. They are my go-to for 9mm 147 gr FP No-groove as well. Reasonable pricing all the way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    I have used a lot from Missouri Bullet Company and snscasting. No complaints on either.

This, with Missouri B. Co being a bit faster on shipping.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Blue Bullets. The lead is decently hard, and the coating stays on during loading and firing better than any other coated bullets I’ve tried.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I've been using https://bayoubullets.net/ for several years now. They didn't raise prices back when there was a shortage. They took backorders and shipped as they got caught up. I use their 138 grain wad cutter in my light 38 Special loads. I've shot many thousands of their 147 and 145 grain 9mm bullets.

I've only ever used their offerings in 9mm but another vote for SNS, great bullets.

User Tag List