Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I don't think this is a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Gadget

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Soon
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I keep forgetting that now I have access to a blog. One that people read, and stuff. http://gunnuts.net/2012/11/17/the-ba...is-a-bad-idea/

Any complaints based on the idea that some human beings are so high speed that they're no longer subject to the foibles of human nature should be addressed to Caleb. He handles all the complaints.

I just handle the ridiculously hot chicks and large sums of untraceable cash.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 11-17-2012 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I keep forgetting that now I have access to a blog. One that people read, and stuff. http://gunnuts.net/2012/11/17/the-ba...is-a-bad-idea/

Any complaints based on the idea that some human beings are so high speed that they're no longer subject to the foibles of human nature should be addressed to Caleb. He handles all the complaints.

Nice job wish I could write something like that. But hell I haves hard time spelling.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I wondered what all those Hooters waitrons were doing on my front porch. Duh, it was the blog!
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

"suffice it to say that if getting shot in the junk was a facebook status, I wouldn’t be clicking the thumbs up on it."
    Well done!

Roger Eckstine is author of Shooter’s Bible Guide to Knives...
    Hmmmm... might explain some of the derpitudiness.
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

A very real problem I see is a personal observation on Hick's law type stuff.

We can easily do this-or-that under almost any circumstances, but when we add a third option things start to get really F'd up quickly under stress or fatigue.

Example; I used to regularly see cops running around with a pistol in a duty rig with the retention device unsecure. Happened all the time due to guys going off the normal "locked in the holster or out in a firing grip" this-or-that choices we have that actually work.
    Trying to game the draw by popping the retention device early because you don't train and thus suck, or failing to lock it in the holster because you are lazy/or don't train and thus suck is what added the third option and had the coppers setting themselves up for failure.

Bad ju-ju.

IMHO the trigger finger should be in a shooting position on the trigger getting ready to make the gun go bang/making the gun go bang, or in a hard register outside of the trigger guard.

It is insufficient under stress to even say "outside the triiger guard/off the trigger", and IMHO not enough trainers are teaching the hard register idea for "outside of the trigger guard".

Adding a third trigger finger duty to the mix of things the trigger finger has to do is a massive failure to see human reality.
    Last edited by Chuck Haggard; 11-18-2012 at 12:01 PM.

Would be a great reholstering technique for the Serpa...

anyone notice that they took that post down? anyone screen capture it for the 2112 time capsule of stupidity??
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Yes it says page not found now if you try to go to the link, I want to read it if anyone has a screenshot.

User Tag List