Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incognito Holsters

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

Incognito Holsters

Any thoughts on this for a non-railed P226?

I have a P226 with no rail, which I gather they don't make anymore, so holsters seem to be a little thin on the ground. (And it's a .40).
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I had one of their holsters. It seemed well made. No issues.
    **OK**

Quote Originally Posted by DLWinner View Post
    I had one of their holsters. It seemed well made. No issues.
    Thank you!
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Disregard. I came here right after the Garrity thread, and I thought you were talking of his holster of the same name.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Any thoughts on this for a non-railed P226?

I have a P226 with no rail, which I gather they don't make anymore, so holsters seem to be a little thin on the ground. (And it's a .40).
    I will add that I have two railed holsters that I am using with non-railed guns. They both work very well without issue. I have a JM Custom for a Beretta Centurion (railed) in which my non railed 92 Compact is held quite securely. I also have a Sparks VM2 for a railed EDC X9 that I use with my non railed EDC X9. As long as the slide is the same between the railed and non railed models, in my experience a well fit holster will secure the non railed model just fine. FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I will add that I have two railed holsters that I am using with non-railed guns. They both work very well without issue.
    I can’t be certain where I saw it, but I did see a belly-side-up side-by-side comparison between a railed and a non-railed P226. There is a difference in the distance from the front of the trigger guard to the muzzle. It looked to be enough to mess with the fitment of a kydex holster. I’m not going to place a bet on it working.

I can’t be certain where I saw it, but I did see a belly-side-up side-by-side comparison between a railed and a non-railed P226. There is a difference in the distance from the front of the trigger guard to the muzzle. It looked to be enough to mess with the fitment of a kydex holster. I’m not going to place a bet on it working.
    Good catch. Certainly if there are frame differences other than the rail, that could be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Good catch. Certainly if there are frame differences other than the rail, that could be a problem.
    It was on Sig Talk.

Name:  sig differences.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  64.5 KB

I have a holster from Eclipse Holsters for an old W German p228. It was hard finding one that fit due to slight variations in slide width and trigger guard. I actually had to return holsters to two other makers that did not fit properly before finding this one. They do list 226 on the site in a couple different versions. They were very responsive to an email question as well. Not the slimmest holster around, but well made. May be worth a look…

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    Depending on the gun, this may be valid. Sigs can be a pain sometimes. Ours will fit most, but not all, and railed models will allow non-railed models just fine.

The holster linked is very no frills, but appears to be sound in construction. If there were other options that allowed for bottom mount attachments, or you went to loops, I think it'd be better, but depending on the age of the gun, you may be limited in choices.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

User Tag List