Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2024 crop of RDO ready 1911s?

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Who actually mills 1911s for a decent price though?
    https://chpws.com/product/1911-2011-...lling-upgrade/

AB Prototype is who I was considering, they’ve done work for me before and I like them.

The issue with milling the Ruger LW is that it’s no longer acoustic. (I know, I know - this is how a person ends up with an overflowing safe.) But sticking a RMRcc onto it has appeal.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    The advantage to CHPWS is that they can direct mill for a RMRcc which would allow me to use a PMM IDRS rear sight like I have on three Glocks that were direct milled. It looks like about $650 to go this route including the RDO.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Define "nosebleed prices."

I've seen the SIG. It is a nice gun. But at nearly $1.5K I'd say it is teetering on nosebleed territory.
    If the new Sig compares to a TRP then that's going to be a good price. I really no longer consider $1.5K to be a lot of money for a quality all-steel gun.

But whether that gun is worth the cost depends on its quality. I look forward to Hilton Yam reporting on one.

Back to your first comment, I define "nosebleed prices" for 1911s to be well above $2K depending on the make and model. Intermediate guns (such as the TRP) are now in the $1500 range.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Intermediate guns (such as the TRP) are now in the $1500 range.
    Dang. It seems only twenty years ago the TRPs were half that.

And get off my lawn, you darned kids!

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    The advantage to CHPWS is that they can direct mill for a RMRcc which would allow me to use a PMM IDRS rear sight like I have on three Glocks that were direct milled. It looks like about $650 to go this route including the RDO.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post

Am I reading this incorrectly? It seems to me that this is a service to convert an existing optic cut to use the Holosun K footprint. It is not the initial cut but rather just a mod to an existing RMSc cut, no?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

This is the cut I would use if I go this route:

https://chpws.com/product/2011-1911-milling/
    Ken

I drug my feet long and hard looking for what I considered to be the perfect mount for me.

I did not want it high with a Sears Tower front sight.

My first view of the Charyn was these two posts.

https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/...-plate.208089/

https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/....208089/page-2

My hard used MCOP (2008 Model) was at Schauland Performance for other fixes and prior to sending it off, I said F it, put a Charyn on it. I chose all the way to the rear.

While my decision involved fingers crossed, I couldn't have been more right.

Schauland told me Charyn Precision would not sell him a mount, so he had to send off my slide.

I am assuming it was sent to this location based on an email conversation I had with Charyn.

"I use Eric Mercier, Mercier PistolWorks, to do the plate cuts on existing pistols."

I am pleased with my set up. I had an older version of the 507C but seriously thinking about buying me an SRO for my Christmas present.

When I shoot it, it spits on the optic. It does not affect my view through the glass. I clean it off with a fresh Qtip.

I have plenty of room for an SRO bell hangover.

My current .190" front sight is too low and using the Dawson Precision front sight calculator... I need a .230" front sight.

Last edited by SW CQB 45; 03-21-2024 at 09:48 PM.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    I thought that after the prodigy came out Springfield would at least start doing runs with prodigy slides. Maybe prodigy sales are brisk enough...
    Frankly I don’t see this ever becoming an option.

Unlike *insert pretty much any modern pistol here* 1911/2011s have much more exact fitting frames/slides/barrels/barrel links/slide stops, it is typically not a quick swap. With that being said I doubt SA would want to put out slides giving people the impression it’s a quick swap and go only to have to deal with the CS nightmare of “Why my gun no worky”, when people think it’s a drop in replacement. That’s not even getting into the fact that Prodigies come with bull barrels and most 1911s are still traditional bushing barrels.

SDS Imports is showing 9mm optic ready slides on its website. Maybe 45 slides will be available at some point.

https://sdsimports.com/tisas-1911-op...bly-black-9mm/

https://sdsimports.com/tisas-1911-op...bly-black-9mm/

User Tag List