Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2024 crop of RDO ready 1911s?

Iwants are powerful. The more I look at that SIG…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1041936988

Oof.

I just noticed the sig slides are normal 1911 slide shaped on their OR guns. Nice
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Site Supporter
    If you wind up cutting a gun instead of buying the new Sigg, there is no way I would cut a gun for the RMRCC footprint. It’s a dead end optic with a proprietary footprint that requires removal of the optic to change the battery.

If I were cutting a 1911, Browning high-power or CZ slide for a micro optic, it would definitely be for the RMSC/Holoson K/SIG ROMEO / P365 footprint.

That footprint gives you multiple options, including both closed and open emitters, side mounted batteries, and the likelihood there will be new and improved optics for that footprint in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Are these frame rails long enough for X300s?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1041936988

Oof.

I just noticed the sig slides are normal 1911 slide shaped on their OR guns. Nice
    Looks like the slide profile on my ECPs.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Looks like the slide profile on my ECPs.
    The TCP is the same gun but with a rail and a mag well instead of a bobtail, so now that it’s optic ready it seems the ECP shouldn’t be far behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    The TCP is the same gun but with a rail and a mag well instead of a bobtail, so now that it’s optic ready it seems the ECP shouldn’t be far behind.
    I just realized this isn’t on the DW site, and there is zero info there on the cut or plate system.
    Ken

Im tempted to just buy a slide for my lw champion
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    If you wind up cutting a gun instead of buying the new Sigg, there is no way I would cut a gun for the RMRCC footprint. It’s a dead end optic with a proprietary footprint that requires removal of the optic to change the battery.

If I were cutting a 1911, Browning high-power or CZ slide for a micro optic, it would definitely be for the RMSC/Holoson K/SIG ROMEO / P365 footprint.

That footprint gives you multiple options, including both closed and open emitters, side mounted batteries, and the likelihood there will be new and improved optics for that footprint in the future.
    Good points. I was thinking RMRcc due to familiarity, I have two of them right now that I like. But bottom battery is a pain in the ass, and they do seem to be a mounting dead end.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    Frankly I don’t see this ever becoming an option.

Unlike *insert pretty much any modern pistol here* 1911/2011s have much more exact fitting frames/slides/barrels/barrel links/slide stops, it is typically not a quick swap. With that being said I doubt SA would want to put out slides giving people the impression it’s a quick swap and go only to have to deal with the CS nightmare of “Why my gun no worky”, when people think it’s a drop in replacement. That’s not even getting into the fact that Prodigies come with bull barrels and most 1911s are still traditional bushing barrels.
    I mean a complete pistol not just a slide for sale. They are producing a 1911/2011 slide with an optic cut, so they could produce a 1911 with an optic cut if they felt like it. They've just decided to only do it for the Prodigy, or maybe it's a licensing thing with the Agency cut. They made a 10mm TRP operator with an RMR cut briefly. Might've been a Lipsey's or something.

Oddly enough, every mass produced 1911 I've looked at with a bull barrel, still has a bushing cut in the slide, and my guess is that the Prodigy does too.

User Tag List