Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Night sights for a Gen 3 26 - old dots faded.

I have Ameriglo agents on mine. No complaints.
    **OK**

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I have the Bolds as well on my Gen5 G26. I do think the HDs on my Gen 2.5 stand out better in the dark, but my buddy @Jason M said that he found less reflection off the front sight on the Bolds...which can be a factor under various lighting conditions...

So, take that into consideration.
    This is very true! There is a glossy coating on the HDs and the thinner versions (XR?). I took 2 HD equipped P30 pistols to a Norther Red combative pistol class. We were shooting toward the west in the am. Start time was early and the sun rising over my shoulder caused a "flare" on the front sight. I have also noticed it when working with others with hand lights on the range. I have a 26.5 with bolds and one that I bought used with HD XR sights. The bolds are more easily used under uncontrolled backlighting. FWIW, I like the tip of sight POA/POI I get with the HDs over the more drive the dot style of the bolds. My preference is still Heinie but both of my 26.5 came with the others. They are usable enough and not worth replacing until they wink out.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

I put some HD’s on my GEN 5 26 when I got it and at 15 yards they were hitting 8 to 10 inches high. They meaning Trijicon Said there for self-defense why would you be shooting that far away but if you really want you can send them (the slide) in and will adjust it for you. It’ll take six weeks.

I’ll never buy any of their shit again

I have Trijicon HD XR, with yellow front sight, on my Glocks. When I first changed from the Wilson Combat Vickers Elite Battlesight, with green fiber optic front sight, I bought HD XR front sights in orange and yellow and found that yellow worked best for me.

One dark morning I got up to pee and I saw light coming from where the GunVault lockbox is, where the G19 is stored. I keep it open when I'm home. When I saw the light I thought "Oh, jeez, the interior light in the GunVault didn't go out." Upon closer inspection it was the tritium glow of the night sights illuminating the interior. That surprised me.

Site Supporter
    My 26.3 is about 15 years old now and still has its original factory tritium sights. I've been thinking of replacing them. I will get Ameriglo Bold (square notch) or Agent (U notch) sights. I have both on various other Glocks, and I need to standardize. I really can't tell a difference as I'm usually not looking at the bottom of the front sight when I shoot.

Site Supporter
    I have Trijicon HDs on my 26.3. I like them when shooting them. I detest the sharp edges on the rear sight, and will select something else when it is time to replace them.

Site Supporter
    Having read about the sharp edges on the HD is one reason I have stuck with Bright & Tough when buying Trijicon sights. The Bright & Tough do not have sharp edges.

I have not noticed any sharp edges on Night Fision sights.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I'm not particular as to what sights are on my Glocks; all seem to be a bit different.
    With ~9 Glocks at last count, and two are G26s a Gen3 and a Gen5, if I were to replace sights today, I'd be considering two things:

-today, I prefer a round rear notch; admittedly, I've got square notches on most of my handguns as it's just too expensive to change all the handguns to rounded rear notch sights.
    -and I like the orange-colored front sight.
    -a .165" front, with .256"/6.5mm rear
    -or a .180" front with 6.9mm rear.

For brands, I'm not particular with various brands owned over the years, whether Glock brand, Ameriglo, XS-Sights, and stock Glock plastic sights.

Regarding the rounded rear notches, I tried them on a couple of guns and I liked them; but I don't have to have them. They seem a bit "faster" for me for quickly aiming. I don't know if there' science, psychology, or just something different. I just try to practice a lot with any guns I own.

I even have some guns with the front sight being a night sight and the rear with no illumination. I'm no longer working at night or searching dark alleys so the night sights aren't as important to me anymore as they used to be. A good flashlight, either weapon mounted or handheld is more important to me and will likely still work 12 years later (the usual functional limit of night sights). BTW, by the time my night sights are bought, and then get around to installing them, I've already lost one of the twelve years of life. I think all of my night sights could use replacing which might cost me $600-$1200 maybe along with some new sight pusher tools (for 1911, Glock, SIG, with possibly some revolvers if the sights are even removable/replaceable).

Site Supporter
    This tool plus the associated slide shoes will easily pay for itself in saved gunsmith fees, especially if one has multiple handguns requiring sight changes.

https://www.brownells.com/tools-clea...o-sight-mover/

The expense of buying tritium sights when the tritium gets too dim to be useable is why I focus heavily on the longevity of the tritium vials. I have purchased sights that went dim after as little as a few months or one shooting session. Other brands required replacement after as little as 2-3 years. I have yet to get anywhere near the 12 year half life of tritium before I end up replacing my sights.

Trijicon sights or sights using their vials have had the best track record with me for a long time now. Lately, however, some of my guns have Night Fision, and I am impressed by what I see.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    We had a 4 stage match today. I shot it with the G26 which now has functionally a black front and black back sights with 4 very small dots. Surprise I shot it as well as my full size G17 Gen 4 with Glock factory sights or the Gen 5 with the SRO. Now these distances were pretty short. As far as A's, came in 5 th out of 21 shooters. Time - geezer scale.

It confirmed from my past, that the G26 is a very shootable gun. My hand size, fits well.

Side issue - a high level Glock shooter found that his reloads were not up to snuff. Jammed him on every stage - high primers it seems. I don't reload as being klutzy, I would blow up, the house or the gun.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

User Tag List