Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 26 Night sights for a Gen 3 26 - old dots faded.

Site Supporter

Glock 26 Night sights for a Gen 3 26 - old dots faded.

Another sights question. I've noticed that my Trijicon nights on my Gen 3 Glock 26, bought close to when the 26's were released - have significantly faded. Searching p-f, found more suggestions for Ameriglo as compared to Triji. The current configuration look more visible than my old three dots.

Thoughts?
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

I run ameriglos on my 26s. .180” front is drive the dot for me with 124 gr ammo with a .256” rear. You have to get slimline sights from ameriglo to get that set up but they’re fine.

I have Glock "BOLD" sights on my 5th gen G26. They have a bright orange outline and I have been very satisfied with them. Good for lit environments-the orange front stands out to my eyes-and in low light, the tritium is easily picked up.

I have the Bolds as well on my Gen5 G26. I do think the HDs on my Gen 2.5 stand out better in the dark, but my buddy @Jason M said that he found less reflection off the front sight on the Bolds...which can be a factor under various lighting conditions...

So, take that into consideration.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

As mentioned above: for 124 gr, .165 front/.256 rear will hit to the top of the post, or .180 front if you like using the dot. I put Ameriglos on all my Glocks.

Check out Night Fision.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Another sights question. I've noticed that my Trijicon nights on my Gen 3 Glock 26, bought close to when the 26's were released - have significantly faded. Searching p-f, found more suggestions for Ameriglo as compared to Triji. The current configuration look more visible than my old three dots.

Thoughts?
    Apologies-forgot to mention the setup I have is a “drive the dot”…

Site Supporter
    I try to only buy night sights with Trijicon or Night Fision vials because I have found them to last the longest.

At this point my favorite Glock sights are Night Fision with an orange ring around the front insert, black rings around the rear inserts, and a square notch rear.

If going with Trijicon, I have always liked the Bright & Tough sights.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I've been a long time fan of Ameriglo, may favorite being the spartan operator line. Orange outline on the front sight with no out line on the rear tritium.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Red dot

User Tag List