Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago suing Glock

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    No idea. I wonder if a partially tensioned design lends itself to it. I know of no other striker gun that has a factory full auto variant.
    There is little to no market demand for full auto handguns. Aside from POS gangbanging thugs who seem to never catch a minimum 10 yr sentence for gun law violations.

If there was, Sig, HK, FN would all be clamoring over themselves to make one.

Interesting that they aren’t suing the Chinese firms importing the switches. You know entities that are actually breaking laws. Can’t have that. I hope Glock recall ever handgun issued to CPD since they are so dangerous and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    There is little to no market demand for full auto handguns. Aside from POS gangbanging thugs who seem to never catch a minimum 10 yr sentence for gun law violations.

If there was, Sig, HK, FN would all be clamoring over themselves to make one.

Interesting that they aren’t suing the Chinese firms importing the switches. You know entities that are actually breaking laws. Can’t have that. I hope Glock recall ever handgun issued to CPD since they are so dangerous and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CPD doesn’t issue handguns. Officers buy them from an authorized list.

Yeah…it’s all Glock’s fault that Kim Foxx won’t prosecute any of the criminals.

The mental gymnastics Chicago democrats can go through is amazing.

Site Supporter
    I mentioned awhile ago that this would be a point brought up by folks wanting to ban guns. Since we have the NFA rules, they will push for things like Glocks being brought under them. It was proposed way back when - will be a ploy now.

Of course, (Clouds hear me), if Scotus actually moves on cases (fat chance), it could all go away. Better spend your time with the current political crap than a basic human right. What did ever happen to the remanded cases? The NYS cases - lost in the lower court muck and stall, etc. No TROs because of legal argle-garble of dominance, making the lower courts do their jobs, blah, blah. Same with the TX immigration case going on now - up and down, in and out. A sick system that cannot make decisions in real time on real issues. Keeps lawyers employed though.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Site Supporter
    I will hazard a guess that something similar to a Glock switch could be made for at least some other semiauto pistols with the slide internals accessible through a removable back plate, and with portions of the trigger mechanism and connector/disconnector visible with the back plate removed.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Political consideration aside, the legal basis of this suit seems very sketchy: The basic Glock mechanism is forty-plus years old, while the common availability of "switches" to convert them to full-auto only became a factor in the last few years. Glock, as a corporation could not be expected to foretell the future of scumbaggery.

For that matter, the suit should also name BATFE, as they approved the Glock-type pistols for import and later, for domestic manufacture. If Glock is culpable, so are they.

Or, OR Chicago could let officers enforce the existing laws, prosecute violent felons, and stop selling off all their revenue streams. And tell the CTU to get fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
    Political consideration aside, the legal basis of this suit seems very sketchy: The basic Glock mechanism is forty-plus years old, while the common availability of "switches" to convert them to full-auto only became a factor in the last few years. Glock, as a corporation could not be expected to foretell the future of scumbaggery.

For that matter, the suit should also name BATFE, as they approved the Glock-type pistols for import and later, for domestic manufacture. If Glock is culpable, so are they.
    I’d subscribe to your newsletter.

That said, this suit is most likely less about any perception of merit—on any side—and more about left-leaning “lawfare” intended to bleed the inconvenient or non-conforming segments of the new societal order dry.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    How about if your child is still a minor and living with you - and has a gun - you go to jail. Seems like those two parents just convicted would be precedent. I see in Florida some teenager running around with a gun on the beach. Mom and Dad - why did you let your kid go to the beach with a gun?
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Chicago is that one guy no one wants on their team. Incompetent fucks.
    #RESIST

User Tag List