Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Chicago suing Glock

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Reminds me: we haven’t had a state of the twin cities update in a while. Has the evening automatic weapon fire mellowed out a bit? Do you still have a PD? Enquiring minds want to know, as you can find time.

Will do when practicable. I'll also call on others in the area to add their perspectives.
    (Anyone seen @olstyn in a while? He's a good dude with a sharp eye.)

FWIW, I haven't *personally* heard anyone "trip a switch" in about a year. It certainly still happens.
    St Paul PD limps on. 550 sworn officers in a city of 300k. More anon.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/news...ent=newsletter

Knife and baseball bat makers better lawyer up.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/news...ent=newsletter

Knife and baseball bat makers better lawyer up.
    Thread drift, but this is the second time in the past few weeks that I have read about someone going crazy after taking marijuana. The same people who are trying to ban guns are trying to legalize that poison. I can certainly think of a few good targets for a plaintiff's litigation attorney.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

https://x.com/clownworld_/status/177...Uu8cwNI5viLOdw

Cheby sent this to me. Really deserves another thread buy fits here too.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post

Stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by whomever View Post
    Are the people getting caught with switches getting the 10 year sentences? That would be a little bit of a silver lining.
    Just to address this comment, when you see the penalty for a crime, that is generally the maximum penalty unless it’s something with a mandatory minimum. In order to qualify for the statutory maximum, you generally already have to have a substantial criminal record or other aggravating factors. The only federal gun crime I’m aware of that has a mandatory sentence is 18 USC 924(c), the statute for having or using a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking or violent crime. If your charges are never filed to begin with, or they get dismissed, or pled down to very minor offenses, you don’t end up with a sizable criminal record that hurts you during sentencing. I don’t think I’ve actually seen a case yet where the offender’s history was so egregious that they got the statutory maximum on a gun crime. The closest I’ve seen so far was seven out of the maximum 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post

Judas f'ing priest. Let's hold stranger rape victims responsible for wearing too-short skirts while we're at it. Why half-ass things?

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Judas f'ing priest. Let's hold stranger rape victims responsible for wearing too-short skirts while we're at it. Why half-ass things?

You live in the great state of Washington where If you leave your car running and it is stolen the owner will be tagged (ticketed).

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    You live in the great state of Washington where If you leave your car running and it is stolen the owner will be tagged (ticketed).
    If you leave it running, unlocked with keys that’s negligence and possibly even an attractive nuisance.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    If you leave it running, unlocked with keys that’s negligence and possibly even an attractive nuisance.
    Only if you also leave the blow up love doll that you use to bogart the carpool lane in the passenger seat…

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List