Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chicago suing Glock

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    How about if your child is still a minor and living with you - and has a gun - you go to jail. Seems like those two parents just convicted would be precedent. I see in Florida some teenager running around with a gun on the beach. Mom and Dad - why did you let your kid go to the beach with a gun?
    The two parents convicted intentionally gave their son a gun and allowed him full access to it knowing he had underlying issues. That is a fairly unique fact pattern.

It is not the same as kid taking parents gun without permission or kid having a gun without the parents knowledge etc.

Re: Florida - teen weed dealers running around armed is nothing unique. The race of the teen and the setting are irrelevant.

Site Supporter
    I guess parents no longer are expected to have a role in their children's behavior. I give up on the issue.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
    The money quote from the article:

"According to Everytown for Gun Safety, Illinois has among the strongest gun safety laws in the US but continues to experience “an unacceptable rate” of gun violence." (Italics mine).

So, it's almost as if laws aren't followed very closely by criminals...?
    Well, I can tell you that I haven't committed any violent gun crimes since PICA passed.

The perfect thread for my newest Hey Jackass T-Shirt…

Name:  IMG_0165.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  44.0 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I guess parents no longer are expected to have a role in their children's behavior. I give up on the issue.
    Parents aren't allowed to have a role in their children's behavior. If you spank them when they are little the parents go to jail. Every person makes their own decisions, kids included. Sociopaths can begin at an early age and parents aren't allowed to correct them. I overheard somebody once say, that if a child doesn't know the difference between right and wrong by the time they are 5 years old, they won't learn it.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    The perfect thread for my newest Hey Jackass T-Shirt…

Name:  IMG_0165.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  44.0 KB
    ‘Stendo Mouse!
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    A role and criminal liability are two very different standards.

Site Supporter
    Chicago is not the only place pursuing the ease of conversion issue.

https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2...glock-n1224333
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

"Men Without Chest" comes to mind. Our society wants public virtues, doesn't teach them, mocks those who try, and then wonders why people aren't virtuous.

Imagine the collective commentariat eyerolling & sneering if a school system was to begin teaching Temperance as desirable.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    "Men Without Chest" comes to mind. Our society wants public virtues, doesn't teach them, mocks those who try, and then wonders why people aren't virtuous.

Imagine the collective commentariat eyerolling & sneering if a school system was to begin teaching Temperance as desirable.

Modern people would have to spend a whole lot less time "signalling virtue" if they actually had virtue.

User Tag List