Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Red Dot concealment concerns

Quote Originally Posted by rawkguitarist View Post
    Makes sense. What about trying the Enigma like mentioned above. Damn it’s a brilliant system.

I’m about 25lbs overweight and can wear fairly loose and strategic colored shirts. So “covered” carry with some printing from time to time is ok for me. But my carry system fits my situation.

Are you carrying in an NPE? Otherwise a little print isn’t the end of the world.

Just curious.
    Not neccassirly on your first question but I do go for a concealment level thst would pass in any environment, including NPEs. Just personal preference and experiences in my life where printing of a gun would have been extremely detrimental.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Tenicore zero and jm wing claw 2.0 with mastermind junk pillow
    The Zero is the worst CCW belt I have ever tried. I love the buckle--it's a brilliant design. The belt itself was a total zero for carry. It's less stiff vertically than some of my pants belts.

I suggest trying the Wilderness Swift CSM belt.

I also strongly prefer the JMCK WC 2.5 to the 2.0.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

The optics add more bulk but if I use the Mastermind king size pillow, it seems to work OK for me because it forces the whole rear end closer to my body. It isn't necessarily more comfortable, but it works for me. Also, having an WML seems to improve concealment for me because it gives a wider, flatter end on the bottom of the holster for the pillow/wedge to push against, so the top rolls out even less. I can conceal a B92, 509T, TLR1 like that in the JMCK AIWB Wing Claw 2.5 light bearing holster, but the total weight and bulk at the bottom isn't my top choice for all day comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The Zero is the worst CCW belt I have ever tried. I love the buckle--it's a brilliant design. The belt itself was a total zero for carry. It's less stiff vertically than some of my pants belts.

I suggest trying the Wilderness Swift CSM belt.

I also strongly prefer the JMCK WC 2.5 to the 2.0.

I'm the complete opposite. I have mastermind and wilderness belts and they concealed worst for me and the 2.5 center only clips printed much worst then the weider spread dcc.

Concealment is such a weird thing

Site Supporter
    I can completely hide and comfortably carry a full size gun with a duty light and an optic.

When I'm standing still with the right posture, or sitting the right way

Thats why I used to think it was fine and easy to carry a duty gun with a light and optic. Thought you were lazy if you didn't.

Then I had kids. All of a sudden I'm actually walking and moving and playing and chasing and rolling around in public and not able to focus on my concealment and comfort in the same way. Immediate change haha. Comfort and concealment has to be automatic, in the background.

Other people know they print and don't care.

They're right, until the day they're dead wrong and get a shank, bullet, of cuffs.

Then there's people that just don't know. A lot of like older people carrying at 4 o clock just aren't self aware of how bad they print.

Had a guy like that at my church for awhile. Drove me nuts, he printed like crazy 24/7 and was blissfully unaware lol. It was legitimately awkward

I struggled mightily with dot printing with wind/movement with everything, even a K on a slim gun, except the SCS on a 19 5 MOS.

Name:  20240317_123346.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  43.2 KB
    Last edited by Noah; 03-19-2024 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post

Then I had kids. All of a sudden I'm actually walking and moving and playing and chasing and rolling around in public and not able to focus on my concealment and comfort in the same way.
    Off topic but agreed. Having kids and all the random toddler stuff has really changed my perspective on enjoying life while having self defense tools. And learning to largely ignore the shrieking gun culture, “mission drives the gear” platitudes that are vomited around.

To the OP, the Enigma has its vocal advocates, but when you find the right set up for it; the advocates are right. It’s a solid option.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Off topic but agreed. Having kids and all the random toddler stuff has really changed my perspective on enjoying life while having self defense tools. And learning to largely ignore the shrieking gun culture, “mission drives the gear” platitudes that are vomited around.

To the OP, the Enigma has its vocal advocates, but when you find the right set up for it; the advocates are right. It’s a solid option.
    I've looked at them and may mess with one in the future. My real internal struggle is the fact that I can comfortably and with full concealment carry my p2000 all year without a red dot. I also am very active with my five kids and constantly doing stuff so comfort is a large factor. I'm starting to realize that while I can see the advantages of a red dot and have shot one for over a year before, the juice may not be worth the squeeze for me.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I've looked at them and may mess with one in the future. My real internal struggle is the fact that I can comfortably and with full concealment carry my p2000 all year without a red dot. I also am very active with my five kids and constantly doing stuff so comfort is a large factor. I'm starting to realize that while I can see the advantages of a red dot and have shot one for over a year before, the juice may not be worth the squeeze for me.
    I am an enigma guy and it is the only way I can conceal a g19 with 509T with some minor printing but I went to xl chopped macro and eps carry for no printing

Enigma, mag carrier on other side or bigger wedge should work.

That said if you shoot irons to personal standards then judgement call on whether a dot is needed.

I have a g43 and p365 for irons only deep concealment

What optic? I assume an optic with a square back like an eps?

Carrying concealed is so individual based it’s hard to make a recommendation.

But I’ll play the other side of it, just carry your p2000 with irons.

Deleted dupe

User Tag List